Thanks to member and a Dynatorch login question

Was in metal shop on Saturday morning to cut some plate on the dynatorch. Despite rigorously following the notes I took during my Dynatorch training a couple months ago, I could not get the PC to login.

So, first off, I want to thank the Maker whose name I didn’t get but who kindly took a minute from working on what looked to be one hell of a sword to help me get logged in. I swear I was typing in the same thing he was, but clearly I wasn’t. After that, the process went pretty smoothly. Thanks, brother! I really appreciate your help, and the gussets that I cut were the key to strengthening a location on the chassis of a car that I’m building:

Second, could somebody with the Dynatorch login credentials PM me so that I can share what I have in my notes and correct what syntax I’m inputting incorrectly in my login process? I know we don’t want to put the login stuff out there on a public/semi-public forum, but I’d like to make sure I’m getting this right. I’m going to have another panel to cut later this week or next and I’d hate to not be able to login again. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Jim (rightfully, in my opinion) likes to be the person to disseminate login creds for that machine, so I’ll tag him here and hope/recommend we allow him (or his designee) to provide those for you. This has the added benefit of being most likely correct.
@hon1nbo ?

EDIT: nice gusset!

Thanks, that’s fine with me. The Maker who helped me out confirmed that what I had in my notes looked correct, so my bet is that there’s something that I was typing in U/C that should be l/c or I’m missing a trailing character or something exceedingly minor in the password, but not so minor as to not be a showstopper when trying to login to the machine.

1 Like

If you’re there while I’m there, and the machine is available, I’ll happily walk through it with you and see if we can figure it out. I’m wiling to bet it’s an issue with the HOW and not the WHAT, and a one-on-one would get it resolved in a snap (if my hunch is right). But as far as anything put into TALK, I’ll defer to Jim.

2 Likes

Ditto to what @jast said. I’ll be there this afternoon in case you’re there.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Jim pm’d me. I’ll probably try to cut a panel tonight after Woodworking 102 and then I’ll see if I can make it work without fat fingering the input. All my data was correct, so the problem was just that I’m a poor typist on that keyboard…

2 Likes