Thank you to our Event Volunteers!

Today DMS visited the Slow Down Symposium, a maker market focused on sustainability. We had quite a bit of interest in the space, and were able to demonstrate jewelry, ceramics, and blacksmithing (chosen for this event’s specific interest).

A large thank you to @Julie-Harris for coordinating all the volunteer work and logistics of going to and from Fair Park.

More thanks to @Monikat, @cmcooper0, @Cairenn_Day, @rampage, @steve @jbrown885 and @HankCowdog. Think I got everyone’s talk handles right, but if I missed anyone, please let me know! A thank you to the committees as well for the lending of equipment for the show.

There should be more opportunity in the near future for additional outreach events, so stay on the lookout for announcements.

Justin

10 Likes

I felt like DMS was a hit with the crowd so hopefully we’ll see some new members soon.

5 Likes

A huge thank you to the volunteers who came out to help with the event on short notice - it was a long day with a lot of hard work and we cannot thank you enough! Thank you to everyone who helped with blacksmithing despite the heat and humidity. I also want to thank everyone who contributed something to display and helped us pack for the show and who helped with PR materials. This was an amazing team effort and we received a lot of interest.

Here are photos:

10 Likes

Great shots! And thanks to everyone who participated and helped out. @skyspook, may I have your permission to use some of these photos in the series of promotional videos I’m producing for DMS? I’ll need to track down the names of all the folks featured in them and get them to sign a Talent Consent and Release Form so that we may legally use their image to promote DMS. Thanks much, and great job!

1 Like

Feel free to PM me and let me know which photos you want to use and I’ll work on getting consent forms. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great pictures, Julie!

I had a wonderful time volunteering with everyone and spreading the word about all the cool things we do at DMS. :slight_smile:

The people I spoke to were all really engaged and very enthusiastic about checking us out.

3 Likes

I had quite a few people that were intrigued with the jewelry and said they would check us out to come see about taking jewelry classes. I was a little disappointed I couldn’t get anybody involved that I’m making cake but maybe it’s a little too early from the pandemic for that. That’s got to learn to make rings or earrings. And by the way if the pictures of my jewelry if y’all want to use them feel free to

3 Likes