Texas Power Rolling Outages

Not sure how DMS will be effected, but it looks like we’ll be experiencing rolling outages of power until potentially Tuesday morning.

"
ERCOT has issued an EEA level 3 because electric demand is very high right now, and supplies can’t keep up. Reserves have dropped below 1,000 MW and are not expected to recover within 30 minutes; as a result, ERCOT has ordered transmission companies to reduce demand on the system.

This is typically done through rotating outages, which are controlled, temporary interruptions of electric service. This type of demand reduction is only used as a last resort to preserve the reliability of the electric system as a whole.

In these situations, each utility is required to lower the demand on its system based on its percentage of the historic ERCOT peak demand. While each utility is responsible for determining how to implement the required demand reduction, most utilities use rotating outages for this purpose. Rotating outages primarily affect residential neighborhoods and small businesses and are typically limited to 10 to 45 minutes before being rotated to another location.
"

It just hit us here in Farmers branch

1 Like

And now in Plano.

Ours came back 20-25min later. Moved my truck outside to evade being stuck in the garage.

The demand versus available graph is insane to track

2 Likes

And out again. Oncor seems to be running 30min cycles.

They say that a large number of the wind turbines have frozen over.

1 Like

We are at WAFFLE HOUSE RED

5 Likes

From my stove clock and cell phone, I deduced that power was out for 38 minutes through the night.

I’d better go check the pilot lights on the heater and water heater.

5:05 am, lights out again in Flower Mound.

They’re serious about this. Who California’d our power grid?

We now have an extended outage here in farmers branch.

It was a few 30min rolling, and now we’re 1.5+ hours without power.

In FM, power back. This one lasted 44 min.

no black outs in Carrollton that I know of yet.

6:39, down again in Flower Mound. Luckily, the phone is charged, and I have a pot of hot coffee!

My friend on the other side of the highway has been without power for 3 hours but already had two earlier. He said his house was down to 60 and is fighting a frozen sink. We have not had one yet. Our internet is out though.

This shows demand is way up…

I’m less than 3 miles from tim and we have been down since 4am

Maybe all the work I did at Oncor last month paid off. Not likely. Lol

5 Likes

You might report it. The Oncor outage map doesn’t show an outage in your area.

For those wondering,
Stormcenter.oncor.com shows reported outages.

Carrollton - just east of police stn/court hs
!st outage ~137a ~15 min
2nd - 2:37a ~20-25 min
opened the faucets a little more and turned in after that
trying to keep garage above freezing.
speaking of records - electric bill :grimacing: :scream:

I can tell from the temp graph of my greenhouse the power cuts.

3 Likes