Texas Forging Festival 2022

A number of DMS folks, Brookhaven Blacksmith Class folks and many other blacksmiths attended the Texas Forging Festival 2022 Forging Texas 2022 - TX-Ture Farm this weekend. I had a great time and the event raised some money for the North Texas Blacksmith Association who sponsored the event.

An auction was held with a lot of great blacksmithing gear and accoutrements. I purchased in the raffle the grand prize which was a hand blacksmithed chess set. It was made by fellow students in the Brookhave blacksmithing advanced classes and is a one of a kind set. The money will go to a scholarship fund to allow students who ordinarily couldn’t afford it to attend blacksmithing classes at an approved blacksmithing training center.

In addition a marvelous handmade wooden box of blacksmithing tools was acutioned off to raise money. It was a terrific prize.

Here are some of the other items auctioned off:

This event was held at the TxTure Farms. If you ever get a chance to go you should. It is a lot of fun for the whole family.

There are other, non-blacksmithing oriented vendors, too. I bought my wife a couple of nice fused glass pieces. One is a hair clip and the other is a tiny vase for a single small flower. It has a magnet on it to attach to your fridge.

6 Likes