"Tesla" Off-grid Generator Snake Oil: Opinions

Let me stipulate a few things right up front.

1. This is (almost certainly) snake oil, perpetual energy, or any of a bunch of other BS techniques used to snipe people into dropping a few bucks. If you can get 1000 people to drop $49.00 in the mail to you, you’ve just pulled in a year’s salary.

2. Nikola Tesla was a bad MF, and really, truly, did some things that to this day blow our minds. As the world’s leading proponent of A/C electricity, we really and truly owe our daily comforts to the man.

3. I am NOT looking for opinions on the material. I AM looking for opinions on the product from someone who has actually participated. Valid experiences include: debunking the technology at hand (not something kinda like it; exactly this, please); building it yourself; being a participant in a group performing either of the preceding tasks.

I’m close to spending the $49 just to see what the hell it’s all about, but I’d rather not stuff these pockets any more than has already been done (unless my mind is blown)…

http://www.simpleoffgridsystem.com/report/1/104/301031/19261253/

Anyone else interested in debunking (or being blown away)?

I’d love to, but I’m afraid the Big Power Companies will come and get me in the night - despite the bright lights my $108 generator is powering.
I think this gives snake -oil a bad name. If devices to power things endlessly can be made for $108, then someone should be cranking these out. Heck, Harbor Freight would have them on sale all the time.

1 Like

Please don’t do that. I know, that’s not what you want to discuss, but this scam is too sleazy… friends don’t let friends do this!

3 Likes

I think we should all pitch in a dollar just to prove it wrong.

Could be a Science Committee Project - Debunking it. Document the build and failure and post on YouTube as a PSA.

If you fact-check the statements the narrator makes during his spiel, you will discover that what he says, even before he tells you about whatever it is he is selling, is ridiculous.

“Power cabins so high up in the mountains, you’d be crazy to even think about going solar.”

That statement doesn’t make any sense. Mountain climbers have powered webcams using solar panels at the peak of Mount Everest!

I never watch these videos all the way to the end, regardless of what they are selling, so I don’t know how they end. However, I do know physics, and I’ve seen enough scams to know, this is a scam. Don’t waste your money on it.

Solar panels work better at higher altitudes since there is less air to reduce the sunlight. If this device were true, we could dedicate a week at the space to just making these things and sell so much power back to “the greedy power companies” that we could eliminate dues! LOL!

The last time I checked out one of these “free energy devices,” it turned out to be an inductor for stealing power from power lines.

Oh, yeah, I just remembered; the video had some nonsense about Sun being positively-charged, and Earth negatively-charged, and MILLIONS of watts flowing from Sun to Earth. That’s mixing up a bunch of stuff.

1 Like

Did any of you actually watch far enough into the video to see their device?

How does this affect your thinking on it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td9OpWJz13w

I am still intrigued…

If you are interested in Tesla-esque side projects I would direct you to Youtube. There has been a bunch of neat things that folks have done using Tesla techniques with mild experimental success. I wish I copied down the Youtube channels but its been a while. Just do a Youtube search for Tesla or Tesla power or the like and you will find a punch of neat (and some crazy) projects.

I watched the entire original post for the miracle $49 wonder device, sad I know, I don’t have much of a life. If he has in fact sold over 102,000 of these he’s made five million bucks for the cost of a website and an e-book. Now sure the device makes energy out of thin air but he seems to be making money out of it.

This last video is talking about “radiant energy” and who knows what. I tried Googling more about this device, there are lots of articles - but all appear to me to be shills that link back to his sales video. Then tried doing a search on Dr. David Ranko to see what his background is. Couldn’t readily find anything so I assume the Power Companies are making him disappear from the web before they force his site off the web.

2 Likes

Sigh. The one thing that puts me off about this sales pitch is that from the start it resembles so many others I’ve seen that are definitely snake oil. “Brief message” that takes half an hour. Quoting the same material over and over again and taking forever to get to the real point. I wonder about the psychology they’re trying to use and why they think this approach will pull people in.

Well, I know we’re using the devil’s own data here, but if the fact that they’ve sold 102,000 of these plans already is true, and if we assume the rock bottom price which could end at any time of $49.00, and if Photomancer’s done his math right because I’m too lazy to bother, at 5 million bucks I’d say it “pulls people in” enough…

Hell, I’m stuck in the tractor beam because I want to prove it’s snake oil!
Sad, I know.

Also, to engage in that which I asked us not to engage…
I assume everyone knows Tesla led the charge (pun intended) for us to wire our cities with A/C. A recurring “promise” of this video is that they’ll show you how to run your house on Tesla technology…
Which we pretty much already do.
With A/C power from the grid
I don’t know if that’s among their loopholes or not, but we could all find out for just $49.00… :smiley:

1 Like

Okay, here’s how I know it’s a fake. “Parts available at any Radio Shack.” Sending us to the equivalent of a snipe hunt for parts.

1 Like

Watched the video part way through. It’s a fly wheel that was powered up by a Dremel to power some small generators. Also looks like a capacitor was used to store up some charge while the device wasn’t attached to a sink. So, you still need something to provide the drive to the fly wheel. And how much current can it provide under constant load?

I’ll waste $10 towards the de-bunking, we get five of us and we’re ready to go.

If you want to debunk this, realize that their ‘customer’ base WANTS to believe them and consequently will not care about debunking videos. Essentially your video will be “speaking to the choir”.

Also, if he has made five million off of this, he can spend a little and purchase negative responses to any youtube debunking video…

Thank you, Walter, but the truth is that I could NOT care LESS what anyone other than the immediate participants thinks. Because I suck at youtube, I probably wouldn’t even post it, though I would encourage anyone who wanted to participate who wishes, to so do. It’s not about reaching the masses, it’s about scratching MY itch (and maybe some other folks’ around here).
Oh, and maybe figuring out how to cook up my own “get rich quick” scheme with a 1/2 hour gobbledygook video and a paypal website… :smile:
kidding on that. I think my conscience would kill me in my sleep…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if most of his sales are to people trying to debunk him.

Give Science Committee the $50, and we’ll work on this:

Here’s another:

These are called atmospheric motors, corona motors or electrostatic motors.

1 Like