Festivus Pot Luck & Sock Exchange December 17th

So I’m having some trouble entering the date but I just wanted to keep everyones calendars aware that we are going to do a DMS festavus pot luck hopefully on the 17th around 7p. We will get an aluminum pole (I actually have one) and we will have feats of strength and yes an airing of grievances - why the heck not. http://festivusweb.com.

We’ve grown a bunch over the last year. We need a moment to pause and appreciate and tend to the family/community. Bring a dish to share (sign up coming when the calendar accepts the date). If you don’t have the means to bring a dish please help by setting up or cleaning up - everyone should contribute to make the night special.

@axeonos had a brilliant idea of doing a fun sock exchange. More details on that soon but it’s a super cute idea that everyone should enjoy.

5 Likes

The event is entered. It will be up on the calendar really soon.
Food is good. Friends are better.

2 Likes

Link to ideas about food, socks and funny festivus things : https://www.pinterest.com/uglyknees/festivus-and-sock-exchange-at-dms/

Link food to signup: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TI40HM9R625AAH4G6ztqe2HBgfIbqlNuwBbeftOicHg/edit?usp=sharing

Cool Ideas!
Sounds like another great event I will have to make time to come to. Thanks for setting this stuff up for us Nicole!

1 Like

My phone won’t let me edit the sign up sheet. You can put me down for helping to set up. I will have to wait til right before to see whether we can bring anything.

1 Like

Wonderful! Is anyone else having trouble editing? or is it only a phone thing?

Says that I have to request edit access. will you add me to the setup group please.

Ok try it one more time I just changed it over - I apologize - I had it as the wrong setting

Well crap, turns out I already have another party to go to then :frowning:

Have fun all!

You are sooo popular!

Its working great now!

I can’t wait for the Airing of Grievances! Well, thinking about it, we celebrate Festivus every month at BoD. :innocent:

The wrestling Nicole to the ground should be interesting to watch!

3 Likes

Apparently I needed to install Google Sheets App
Your organizing skills are boss.

I will probably pass on airing of grievances, I’m not into conflict even second hand

1 Like

I was just thinking of writing a passive aggressive message about the heat press from hell. That’s about all the Grievance I can deal with. As far as wrestling me to the ground it wouldn’t take much - just look like you’re going to try to touch my back and I’ll tap out.

Should be fun!

Pushing this up so we get as many people seeing it as possible. Please sign up for something if you plan on going.

It’s a week away. Tell some people.
This time can be a bit tricky for people. I’ve talked to many members who have had some strains recently. Let’s get together and just enjoy for a bit.

I can prooooobably bring an appetizer, because I thought of something that’s easy and budget friendly, but I don’t want to put my name on the list until I know for sure for sure.

P.s. the 17th is 2 weeks away.

2 Likes

I like to fool people into looking at a calendar as many times as possible during the day to remember important dates…shhhhh don’t tell anyone.

Sneaky sneaky!
That’s a clever plan though!

Not sure what my work schedule is yet, so I may need to bring the food by about 4pm if I have to work at the last minute. Do we have a warming tray and some foil anywhere?
I am just concerned about leaving it in the refrigerator if I brought it by earlier (or it being out for very long)…