When Wed Jul 31 7pm ā€” 9pm
Where Lecture Hall
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
What CEO of GAP Peptide Synthesis will give lecture on his new technology
Host Joshua Melnick

About this Event

https://gappeptides.com/technology/
Lecture on new peptide synthesis method:

GAP Peptide Synthesis (GAP-PS) was discovered and developed by Dr. Cole W. Seifert and Dr. Guigen Li, a distinguished professor at Texas Tech University. GAP-PS is based upon concepts derived from GAP chemistry which has been successfully used for chiral amine synthesis. GAP chemistry aims to achieve complete solubility control by the attachment of intelligently designed small-molecule protecting groups, or chiral auxiliaries, to a substrate of interest.

During GAP-PS, a 300 Da GAP protecting group is attached to the C-terminus of the first amino acid. Coupling reactions are run at room temperature, in solution, followed by water extraction. Subsequently, selective precipitation of the peptide occurs by using alkane co-solvents. Running coupling reactions in solution phase and purifying through simple liquid-liquid extraction, GAP-PS combines the advantages of both SolPPS and SPPS techniques.

GAP-PS is highly amenable to Fmoc chemistry but can also handle Cbz and Boc protection strategies. Because our proprietary GAP protecting group functions chemically as just another protecting group, all chemistries are amenable. This includes carbodiimide, uronium, ammonium, and other coupling reagents, including Oxyma based products. The GAP protecting group is orthogonal in deprotection strategy, which facilitates the synthesis of complex peptides such as macrocyclic structures, stapled peptides, branched peptides, conjugated peptides, and others.

Cole Seifert, PhD
President and CSO
GAP Peptides, LLC | 3911 4th St Lubbock, TX 79415
Mobile: (806) 787-5650

3 Likes

This is tomorrow

1 Like

wednesday 7PM folks!!

Good attendance 10-15 people showed up, great talk on a new peptide synthesis technique from CTO of GAP Peptide company and CEO, learned a lot and got to show them Makerspace, they were very impressed with our facility!

2 Likes

Iā€™m totally dumb on this subject, but it sounds fascinating. I recently bought into a company which was researching and developing small-molecule cancer therapies, not because I knew what the heck they were doing, but because I had read this was a big push in research. Array Biopharma was subsequently bought out by Pfizer, and my stock doubled overnight. This small molecule bio-research looks like a great big deal. Keep it coming, Josh.