Tabletop Gaming SIG

How do I go about requesting a topic to be made for this new special interest group?

1 Like

Post in #issues-requests with a request for same. @ tag the appropriate team (team_admin most likely).
If you think you’d like to, offer defense of the need. Wiki presence can help a cause.

1 Like

Which committee is hosting it?

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple posts that either have interest check as the category or it in the title. Then kinda go from there

O nvm I type slow apparently

And can’t read

Does a committee have to host it? I didn’t think it needed to be tied to a specific committee.

1 Like

Forming a SIG does not require a sponsoring committee. Just realize there is no method of funneling resources (space, purchasing power, tools, whatnot) to a SIG without having a sponsoring committee.
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Category:Interest_Groups

3 Likes

I’m asking because I’m fairly sure there’s the Boardgame sig which does mtg and board games; hosted by Capt, @Haley_Moore and Michael. Then there’s the D&D group; with the Weekly Roleplaying Game guys.

Having its own topic is fine and we can do that just want to make sure we’re getting people pointed in the right direction and if there’s overlap between different groups then we can help them join in the same area on talk.

1 Like

Oh ok. I’m with the Thursday night DND crowd. We heard some rumors of a board gaming sig but I wasn’t sure if that was still active or not. I probably should have done some more research.

1 Like

Ah, yeah I thought you were with them. I’ve been a part of that board gaming sig for a while now. We usually coordinate over facebook but next time your at the space talk I’ll introduce you to the guys.

Personally I think having both the board game, tabletop, and lanparty sigs under their own area would be a great idea.

If you guys need any resources then VCC can sponsor so you guys where needed just let me know the details.

In the meantime; if you haven’t submitted the issue request; I’ll go take care of that in a few minutes when I get out of this meeting.

1 Like

Request created:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/request-gaming-topic/45106

Maybe one can comment on a better category topic intro?

Thanks so much for doing that! I think your intro was better worded then what I was thinking.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I would love to host another Tabletop Game Jam, but I’m really busy w/ work right now. If someone else wants to volunteer to host such an event at the space (i.e. be the person in the room during the jam), I’d be happy to go over the structure with that theoretical person, and I can help do setup for it as well.

2 Likes

Haley, I’m gald to hear your doing well. The group’s been missed and I’ll be glad to host.

I know you got my facebook but discord is my usual go to these days and if you need my phone just let me know (should be the same one on facebook/g+ btw)

1 Like