Table saw recommendation?

I need to replace my home table saw and I’m looking for recommendations. 10" blade; 110V; something roughly comparable to a Jet ProShop II (although extensions/legs are nice). Thanks.

2 Likes

I recently bought a Grizzly GZ0771Z. Reviews I’ve found have been positive and so far I am happy with it. Looking at it compared to the Jet ProShop II and Powermatic pm64 I liked the full cabinet and cast iron wings…and price :slight_smile: . With some tweaking to the blade adjustment and fence it is cutting true. So far it handles 6/4 Hard Maple and Black Walnut no issue.

3 Likes

If you have the budget, get a SawStop. As someone who had an accident (I got INSANELY lucky), the safety features are unmatched. It’s well worth the extra spend for that piece of mind. ER visits, lost time, pain and irreversible damage cost far more.

On top of the safety features, SawStops are easily the best saws on the market in terms of power, etc.

While the SawStop are more expensive, it would be my first choice. Either the job site saw or the next up in the line.

From there there are a lot of good choices. In terms of recommendations what are you looking to spend, do you want new or used

I’m just looking for something as a stop gap measure for when I’m unwilling/unable to drive to the Space - or when it’s a lesser project. My biggest problem is that I don’t want it to be permanently located in any one spot in my workshop … I want to be able to wheel it out of the way when it’s not in use. But having said that, I don’t want a jobsite saw.

I’d be willing to spend up to about $1500.

Look at the SawStop Job Site saw. Make sure it is the latest version that will take dado blades.

Then next in line the recommendations go a couple of ways, other job site saws like the Bosch, or to true portables like battery operated Milwaukee or Dewalt

We can discuss pluses etc if you want at the space