Surface grinder and Sherline status?

Hi All!

It has been many months since I have been able to come to DMS. However, I would like to come this Sat but need to know the status of both the surface grinder and Sherline CNC mill.

For the surface grinder, I need to verify the padlock code and what grinding wheel, dressing and balancing equipment is available.
For the Sherline, what changes have occurred since I was certified? I can either create my program at home or at DMS.

If the current trainer is available, maybe we can tag up Sat?

I’m not sure about the Sherline CNC, but there is another small CNC mill that I believe is ready for prime time.

I’m pretty sure the surface grinder run under the same rules as most of the space - bring your own consumables unless we have some donated stuff. So wheels and dressers are on your nickel. This was pretty carefully emphasized when I took the class.

You should have gotten the padlock code when you took the training for the surface grinder. If not or if you don’t remember it, contact the instructor you took the class from. I doubt anyone responsible will post it here.

@keoliver @jphelps @Paul_Morley

The Sherline cnc mill is available. You went through the orientation so you are good to go if you remember the steps. Tooling is in the drawers, just make sure your g code CAM has the sherline specific gcode commands and that the spindle control, tool change and coolant commands are edited out.

Remember there are no limit switches so you have to set your xyz machine coordinates on the stock you are working before you load your g code. .

1 Like