Studio Equipment, Product Photography

Hello! My name is Cora and I am new to Maker Space.

I am interested in learning more about product photography and studio lighting. Does anyone in this group have an interest in this or any tips on inexpensive classes? I would love to learn more about the basics and also DIY tips to avoid buying majorly expensive equipment.

1 Like

Lots of photography stuff on Instructables and DIY Photography. And YouTube of course. “DIY Studio Lighting” in a search engine will take you down a rabbit hole larger than anything in Watership Down.

And there’s plenty of mounts and clamps and stuff you can 3-d print on Thingiverse.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Great source for how to do lighting on the cheap:
http://strobist.blogspot.com/

Also, we have some reasonable lighting gear in the digital media lab. Umbrella reflectors and some sort of lights for them. ( haven’t used the space’s lighting gear myself. )

@thespacemaker aka Mr. Hubris.

1 Like

Hi @Cora_Woodward and welcome to DMS!

We have a great selection of lights, cameras, and tools in digital media to shoot just about any prosumer level production.

I offer a few classes on product photography a month, I’ll schedule one for the Saturday after next If you are interested in learning how to light up a product shoot. Unless you are planning to shoot at home there is really no need to purchase the equipment we have everything you would need at the space.

Cheers,
Mr. Hubris

4 Likes