Stained Glass Classes on Sunday 7/21

Sunday’s Stained Glass class still has openings! Jen is an awesome teacher.

1 Like

If we weren’t already taking super awesome slip casting class, we’d be all over it.
Soon! We’re really wanting to learn stained glass!

1 Like

The calendar says that only part 2 has openings. Part 1 appears to be full, which is odd because the descriptions say people are supposed to attend both parts.

@rcktdr … comments?

2 part classes are a mess since you are actually learning 2 different things people tend to get confused on that and think it’s a separate class.

It’s best to set multi part classes as approval only. That way it weeds out people who dont read directions.

It was about a year ago. soon a I rejected them it filled up again. So the class 1 had no chance of getting in.
I ended up closing it and submitting a written roll.

FWIW I’ve done multiple part classes on different days because, time. They may also just be taking part 1 for the sign off and calling it a day if they already know what they’re doing

I would hope anyone interested in Stained Glass would take both classes. Jen provides a great deal of different information in each class.
Jen and I have discussed the structure of this class in great detail. We feel 2 classes are important. Our goal is making sure the student get all the information in a format that is not shoving to much information to fast. And the students have the confidence to make their own project after completing the classes.
Also, this is not a required class

On another note;
Using the equipment is a required class. We are having delays with the electrical installation, back splash, and sink trap/filter. These are all important safety items. As soon as these items are in place equipment classes will go up.

Thank you for your input.

Happy Arting!
Anita Willis

I took the stained glass class and absolutely loved it! Thank you Anita for starting this committee and to Jen for the wonderful class! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Anita has certainly made Glass take off at the Space. It was part of Fired Arts, but folks hadn’t stepped up to teach.

3 Likes