Spacing between parts on the Dynatorch

I’m setting up a sheet that is going to be cut on the Dynatorch, due to the pieces getting cut out I want to space them out by 0.25". These are pieces for an art piece but I wanted to check to see if anyone thought this was a safe distance or if I should try to space them farther apart? I’m trying to avoid having them spaced farther apart due to buying less material.

How thick is the material you want to cut?

Either 0.1875" (3/16) or 0.125" (1/8)

I think you’ll be ok for kerf purposes. I dunno about heat warp in 1/8” if it’s really dense.

You should be fine but I’d recommend giving say 1/2” to be safe. It will likely do it ok as long as your lead-in isn’t from one part to another. When the spacing gets that thin, it will tend to warp up potentially causing a crash. It’s not a big deal as you can pick up where you left off. The crash is defined as hitting the ohmic sensor into the plate that has warped. It shouldn’t do any damage since the software detects it.

Ok, I’ll go with the 0.25" space. I’ll keep an eye on the plate to make sure the warpage doesn’t cause the plasma head to crash.

Thanks for the advice.