Sonic Mighty 8K Resin Questions

Hello,

I am working my way through the Elegoo Mars class and I have a couple of questions about how that training applies to the Phrozen Sonic Mighty 8K.

• Is the Phrozen Aqua Grey 8K Resin that is provisioned by the committee and favored for the machine water washable?

• Would I need to buy my own Sonic Mighty 8K tank to use my own resin if I am planning on using the same Phrozen Aqua Grey 8K? I have enough that I would like to print that it seems like it may be worth it at a savings of $65 a kg difference between the $100/kg committee price and the $35/kg price on Amazon for what I think is the same resin

Thanks in advance for taking a look at my questions. I am really excited about the potential of this machine and would love to get started printing on it soon after I wrap up the prereq class.

Within a few days, an add-on class will be on Moodle that will allow you to use the Phrozen. It should require about 15 minutes of your time after you have completed the Elegoo online class.

No.

No.

The resin price listed on the kiosk is $0.15 per gram; i.e., $150/kg. I’m just the messenger … I didn’t set this price and personally I’d like the committee to revisit this number. You could attend the committee meeting(s) and bring up this topic.

Bear in mind that you need at least 1.5L of resin in the Phrozen vat to print anything.

I’m
All for re visiting this come to a committee meeting to chat about it

1 Like

When is it typically held? I couldn’t find it on the calendar. Thx.

Last Sunday of the month

1 Like

Ah, OK. What time? Is it “virtual”? The wiki says first Saturday at 6pm.

I would like to follow up and attend this as well. I’m not seeing it on the Events site for this Sunday 3/26 and wanted to check what time and room location to show up to