Soldering for Dummies, and general help

Hello All,

A Big Reason why I signed up for Membership is to complete a project of mine that got stalled for reasons I need not get into right now (for the sake of brevity). It’s a custom Video Game controller designed to be used with one hand, powered by an Arduino Pro Micro (the joystick.h library lets an Arduino with an ATMega32U4 processor be recognized by computers as a Human Interface Device).

I was able to complete some basic tasks with soldering, but it’s become clear to me that I need a proper soldering workstation, as well as guidance from knowledgeable people. In particular, @ozindfw stands out as someone I need to learn from.

I’m planning to be at the 'Space tomorrow to get started, I’ll need to get my Fob and everything. I’m not in a big rush to complete this project, but it’s high time to dust it off and dive into its final phase…

One more thing…as I luked Talk, the Wiki, etc. I came across talk of a PCB Mill. Is it still around? Last I heard, it was ~90% complete, but not yet operational.

1 Like

Paging @Team_Electronics