Social Committee growing out of the PR nest

So @Diplomat and I talked a bit about it and we’ve decided to split internal social events for DMS into a separate “group/SIG/committee??” outside of the public PR umbrella. I realize hoops must be jumped to make this into an actual thing so this is just a heads up.

Again, I want to call it “Not The Fluffers” but I realize those with not the same humors wouldn’t quite enjoy it as much as I - never the less, like every good beaten and road-tripped-tired car, it will find a name.

I tried to get this rolling before but didn’t have the energy to get it over the hill - I’ll have a meeting and gather some people up to see if this flies and hopefully get more bodies on the ground for things like potlucks, maker crawls, makermeetups, makerescapes to Costa Rica (holla) or possibly just a campsite somewhere, and whatever else we can dream up - like international pi day freaking pie festivals! The idea is with more people helping and planning - the more we can accomplish - but people can accomplish whatever they want here with or without this social committee.
Are you interested in joining up as you can how you can as you are? Well respond and tell me so. Your commitment could be minimal or maximal-we could braid each others hair while sipping whiskey or you could be in charge of setting out tablecloths for a pot luck.

Stay tuned because honestly that’s all I got for now. May is straight jacked up in my world ---- which leads to June ---- which is also jacked ---- so basically I’m free December 2022 second weekend for an hour and a half (or so it feels). I might not even be the lead person on this.

4 Likes

I nominate Nicole as “Ambassador of Fun and Member Involvement”.

3 Likes

I know how to sip whiskey and I can tie knots in hair does that count? Also “Cornrows and whiskey” could be a name, js

Or simply call it: Community. Since its purposes is building helping build that. Title not Chair but Ambassador of Good Will (Glinda the honorific).

1 Like

I’m pretty new here but I’d love to join in the social committee.

5 Likes

Welcome to Makerspace! Thanks for your spirit!

I plan on getting a meeting on the calendar soon and we can figure out some basics and at least get a potluck going up in here. We haven’t had one since December.