Smoking Cessation

Not to judge you for smoking or anything but, this pandemic is the perfect time to consider quitting because you’re right you can’t smoke with a mask on

4 Likes

I quit using patches a while ago and have been giving it some thought to try again here recently, specially cause I’ve never heard anything negative about quitting lol, nobody’s ever complained they got too healthy once they quit

3 Likes

The lozenges did the trick for me after 15 years of smoking.

1 Like

Yea I was just looking at the gum and lounges! Did you take them as a routine or did you just pop one whenever you felt cravings

Whenever I had cravings

1 Like

For what it’s worth my dad and husband did a step down program using vape. They started with the high MG then stepped down until they got to 0.

1 Like

Yea I tried vapeing but I never really quit smoking so it just ended up I was paying for 2 habits so I smoked less but vaped more. Lol

My mom smoked when she was beginning her law career. Quitting was accomplished by meditation / listening to “quit smoking” cassettes on the way to work. Also an extortion plan: on her quitting anniversary she (still) gets a very nice gift, usually something she really wants like a new pair of nice binoculars for birding. If she ever takes up smoking again, she has to give it all back.

3 Likes

I found the large lozenges to be fairly disgusting. They get slimy and gross.

They have “mini-tabs” that are about the size of Tic-Tacs and are reasonably minty. I find these much more pleasant to use. Like the big lozenges, they come in 2 and 4mg strengths. The Walmart “Equate” brand is the cheapest but the Nicorette brand taste slightly better. You can buy a $10 bottle to try them.

There is another brand available at some c-stores that is absolutely delicious. It’s called Velo and it is more like a small hard candy. Their Crema flavor is amazing. They contain 1.7mg of nicotine.

1 Like

Thank you for this, I seriously appreciate that, I picked up some little mint tablet things For stopping smoking from 7/11 but next time I’m at an actual grocery store ima look for those