Slingfest Crew Logistics

Yes. I’ve been talking with the folks at the lab and they offered us a table/booth area. I’ll put together a box with all of the materials to take, the table, a couple of chairs etc so it’s ready to go Sunday. I’m hoping I can convince someone from the field crew that’s going early to throw it into their vehicle the night before.

@John_Marlow will be taking point on the DMS table. But she lives out in that area so won’t be coming to the space first.

@mreynolds @Brandon_Green can I get a list of who’s on the DMS team? Who is going early on Sunday morning to transport and set up the trebuchet?

I’ll be driving one vehicle in the carpool that leaves DMS at 11:30. (come hang out!) I’ll also have bottled water for the team and members.

1 Like

I’ll be going whether I’m on the team or not. Be glad to help with PR’y stuff.

1 Like

Ditto, bought my ticket,

1 Like

Yep i have the list.

Jake will be with me all day, and as he can’t be on the firing line during the event, he can be your slave for the day at the tent if that is ok?

Also, if you want to put stuff in my car, ill be there most of Saturday

1 Like

I am looking at the manual for the camera.

The resolution for the fast modes are poor:

1000 fps video, 224x56

420 fps video, 224x168

210 fps video, 480x360

What frame rate do we need and what resolution is enough to be usable?

The alternative is stills at 14 fps, but they can be pretty high resolution.

Thanks for checking, it sounds like the 240fps @ 720p on my phone might be the best we have.

Use the highest speed camera for velocity calculations. the 240 fps should let you see what it is doing.

Bring the flood lights, even for daytime - high speed needs as much light as possible. Focus them on arc path.

Did you still need the ratchet straps?

No I think we are good on straps

@MellissaRhodes … what do you think?

Also … y’all might consider leaving before 11:30. It will take you about 40 minutes to get to Oak Point Park (barring construction on George Bush). The event allegedly starts at noon. I got an email from the ticket people saying they have opened a third overflow parking lot because they are expecting a big turn out.

I’m now not sure I’m going to be able to go, a family member is gravely ill. :sweat:

Sorry to hear that Ken, I hope it improves

1 Like

Can anyone confirm blacksmithing is not meeting up?

if they are not going to use it lets go ahead and grab them.

Robert