Slab Roller Canvas

That’s true. A good solid denim, for instance, would work. None of the fancy stuff, though.

1 Like

Yes, these were proposed moving forward after Covid hit but I don’t think they are sustainable. How often is the disinfecting water near the wheels changed? People are still using the newspaper.

In these uncertain times, it’s important that we all remain flexible, and open minded, as none of us have ever seen a pandemic like this before. Ofcourse we want to be as safe as possible, but life goes on and we need to be sustainable in this uncertainty.

Maybe we want to re evaluate these? For example, we already discussed starting up classes with special restrictions at the last committee meeting.

1 Like

I absolutely think safety is key and know that we are each first responsible for our own saftey. I take precautions to keep myself safe like handwashing, mask, i wont leave my house if i am sick or think I could get sick and i wish others would do the same. Now on to canvas, agree with many on this thread, everything I read states this is not a huge threat. I think the people that see it as a risk have the choices so many list above, denim, duck et al. Having it remain for those who dont see a risk allows people to still use the space. Unless, as some stated above the object is to reduce the numbers of handbuilders. What goes next? The tape, the foam, the heat guns, pens, the glaze book, the glaze bottles. I could go on and on…

4 Likes

First, these rules were not proposed after covid hit…they were proposed in the meeting that you were in before we reopened…as were others.
Second, I do believe we be safe as possible. But if something cannot be wiped down with disinfectant then we should keep it out. Newspaper was not suppose to used either, i personally have not used it, but it is also a 1 time use and is thrown away afterwards.
We can re evaluate next month as a group, but i am inclined to stick to the rule we all agreed to. :v:

1 Like

The tape, the heat guns, pens, the glaze book, the glaze bottles…can be wiped down. The foam…can be washed with soap and water??? As could the canvas if people want to think about that.

2 Likes

Potters…to those who do not agree…do you not bring your own clay, and most…your own tools…is it that much more difficult to just bring your own fabric for the roller?

1 Like

We had determined also that the aprons were not to be shared as well, correct? Same fabric or close…and we are keeping them locked up.