Simplify3D Installed on 3D Fab PC

I made the purchase of Simplify3D and it is now installed and working for all users on the right hand PC in 3D fab.

For those who don’t know, Simplify3D is a commercial slicer that has a ton more features than Kisslicer such as customizable supports, faster slicing, and per layer/per STL profiles for more advanced printing. Here’s the list of features: https://www.simplify3d.com/software/

You will be prompted with a Wizard when you launch it to select a printer. The Printrbot Simple Metal is an option but you will need to change the default settings to heated up the bed if you’re using PLA, and play with the retraction. I have a decent profile for the Printrbot Simple Metal I can share. I have yet to include the PolyPrinter 229 profile yet until I do testing.

I will be scheduling an “Advanced 3D Printer Class for Simplify3D and the Printrbot” soon (pending my new job starting next week)

I really hopes this helps some people, please keep me up to date if you use Simplify3D and let me know what you have done with it.

8 Likes

The PolyPrinter profile for Simplify 3D is on the Committee Drive (\files\committees\3dfab\PolyPrinter.fff) These are the ones that Ed gave to Kelly so I’m sharing for anyone that wants to try them. Hope that helps.

1 Like

i started at DMS with kisslicer etc but had since moved on to at home printing and S3D. thanks for making this and easy transition for when i go do some printing at DMS next!

1 Like

The polyprinter profile works wonderfully with S3d! Support looks super. Looking forward to the advanced 3D printing course, Mitch!

1 Like

Is there any way to access the PolyPrinter profile outside of DMS? I have a personal copy of Simplify3D and a few parts I would like to slice before arriving at DMS. Thanks!

This is the last profile I got from Polyprinter for Simplify3D. Not sure
how well it works, please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2DqbZ0VLB7KYV9RaFI4QVVvbXA1VXJBN2RJTDJmTDFRZHc4/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

Thanks will do. I will be up there around lunch time, hopefully I will have time to try it out.

Profile worked well. I didn’t print anything complicated, and I’m sure you can get better results with slight process tweaks, but all my parts looked great. Thanks again!

2 Likes