Show your mask!

Since masks are now mandatory to go out I wanna see everybody in their mask. Doesn’t matter if it’s made or bought show what you look like in a mask

5 Likes

I get mask beard after a while where it pushes in under the chin.

8 Likes

My mom made one for me. This picture is from when we first started the face shield building and I was testing out various kinds of straps to hold it on.

4 Likes

I haven’t worn this out in public yet because I haven’t figured out what to do about my glasses, and also it’s too freaking hot out.

It’s a regular spandex luchador mask with a scarf filter inside to cover my nose and mouth.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Not my mask but funny

14 Likes

Reminds me of Donnie Darko.

2 Likes

You consistently drop the best old movie reference. When this quarantine is over we need to do a movie night up at the space and put some of these classics up in lecture hall or something

8 Likes

You’ll have zero problem getting honorarium to cover the popcorn for a classic, but I should warn you that any production date starting with a “2” might not qualify as “classic”…
Also, pro-tip, be sure to include intermission and make “Pre-intermission” and “Post-intermission” separate classes, so you can collect twice the honoraria. :+1:

3 Likes

Holy crap, I could have sworn that movie was older than 2001. Still by the time restrictions are over it could be 20 years old.

1 Like

I do so love jackalopes

8 Likes

You are the only one that got the "Throw mama…"one :–(

1 Like

The night was moist?

2 Likes

facemask

3D printed, with foam rubber weatherstripping around the edges. Filters are from my N95 woodworking/grinding mask.

I’ve also made a couple of dozen shaped, sewn masks with copper wire nose bands. Thanks, BTW, to @Hardsuit for his extremely excellent tutorial on sewing masks. I’m using a somewhat different pattern, but his tutorial helped me shave off perhaps 20% on the time I was spending making a single mask.

7 Likes

Used @Hardsuit and Astruds tutorial as well, very good!

1 Like

Finally sourced a soft half face respirator and proceeded to modify so as to filter the exhaust (cut up an old T-shirt sleeve). Don, adjust once, and no fogging of my eyeglasses.

10 Likes

Yall got a lot cooler masks than we do. Ours are just regular ol’ surgical masks or N95s that I was finally able to get in just yesterday.

1 Like

You should give the tutorial the @Hardsuit made a shot. I can’t sew and my masks came out great. It’s super good, easy to follow and the masks are more comfortable than the disposable ones.

Masks for me and the kiddo!

14 Likes

6 Likes