Show and Tell October 2020

I have been selling them to coworkers. Here are the other styles I have made.

$60.00 for them right now.

8 Likes

I wish we got more food posts tbh

4 Likes

Well I made almost 8 lbs of jerky Sunday evening. Of course it yields probably half that. However I think its almost gone. If filled up a 1 gallon ziplock bag, plus another sandwich bag. I may or may not get a picture depending if my kids ate it all already or not.

9 Likes

So does that mean another trip to Chef’s Store is in order? :wink: You just wanted another excuse to go there! :rofl:

1 Like

Cut in metal shop on the dynatorch…used stainless steel for the first time and liked it way better than mild steel :raised_hands:t2:

25 Likes

That’s the cutting tunneling machine

Finished a wall-hanging quilt for (grand)nephew.

I used the Zing to cut:

• batting for faux-punto (it’s not real trapunto, i.e., the puffy areas, because technically that uses stuffing instead of flat batting)
  • freezer paper for the rocket appliqué
  • fabric for the appliqués
  • buttons

06 IMG_9423a_600px

I programmed the embroidery using SewArt64, and although it was stitched on my home machine, it could have been done at DMS.

04 IMG_9366_600px

And finally, I tried out a (new-to-me) thread stitching technique for the rocket flame.

21 Likes

Wow!!!

1 Like

I’ll try to post more pictures of food. :wink:

2 Likes

Said jerky. I cant believe it isn’t gone already.

11 Likes

How do you make it? I have tried in my dehydrator and it comes out pretty inedible.

I slice it using my slicer from Academy. The seasoning I use, I throw in a curing salt, also from Academy. I dont let it sit overnight like I used to, I use the food saver with the 2.25 qt marinator container. I cycle the marinade several times while agitating it. I then smoke it on my Traeger. In the past Ive done the oven way & the dehydrator as well. I like doing it on the Traeger, it seems to come out well. I will normally run it for 3-5 hours & pick out the jerky as it looks done.

Doing it on the dehydrator seemed to take the longest at like 10-12 hours if I remember right.

This was the video I got some of my additional insight from. I use part of his recipe. I dont put brown sugar in mine. The slicer is the exact one I have.

7 Likes

Thanks, I agree the dehydrated jerky turned into treats for the dogs. That is an awesome slicer.

1 Like

I bought mine when it was on sale. It was about 1/2 price. I have to say cleaning it is kinda the pain in the ass. Especially with all those sharp rotary blades

2 Likes

I like it!

19 Likes

Now to fill it up with Deviled Eggs. Mmmmmm.

6 Likes

Or balut eggs! Mmmmm…

1 Like

Eww dat nasty. How about Scottish eggs?

2 Likes

I lurve scotch eggs!

1 Like

Made a packout mount plate setup for my truck. I still need to cut a cleat footprint out of something stuffer than aluminum, but @TBJK was nice enough to give me one of his original cuts from his project that was leftover to get started.

That bottom box is my Lithium batteries for the transceivers, light bar, strobes, and winch.

15 Likes