Show and Tell May 2020

I finally finished it!!
15hrs in the last 3 days and I finally got all those little squiggles sewn on in their matching thread. Whew

Weeks ago, I used disolvable thread to do temporary basting, so I’m looking forward to seeing that work. (thanks for the suggestion!)

12 Likes

I want to paint a Settler’s of Catan set for myself one of these days, but I can never get anybody to play with me. I’m not even that advanced of a player, I’ve probably played it less than 10 times total, but I really enjoy the game and nobody ever seems to want to play it. Even so, I think once I figure out in my head how I want to paint it I’m going to make one anyway.

4 Likes

That is awesome!
Always been one of my favorites, though I do like the Dr. Who version…:rofl:

3 Likes

I totally forgot to check back on Talk. I’ve been making a lot!

First category: PPE: face shields!

Two litre soda bottle. Plastic coffee can Spare wire. Rivets. Clear glue.

It’s designed to allow either a headband or hat attachment. I’ll be making a few of these and distributing them to service industry friends of mine that need them.

The bare wire will be refitted and the plastic edges will be smoothed out soon. I just wanted to capture the progress of my first attempt.

This design is so simple and elegant!

instagram @BrenlyXR

7 Likes

Leather working: I made leather masks! These are NOT for protection. They are merely show stoppers to wear over existing ppe. One is already planned as a donation / tip to a tattoo artist. Bartering with my makes is such a great way to get by in this covid economy!

These masks are made only with recycled leather jackets. No new leather. This is a modified version of a free design available from paintyee youtube channel. I adapted it for better specs and softer leather.

instagram @brenlyxr

I will update the rest of my leather category tomorrow. For now I must sleep!
and, as always, you have my full permission to use my images for dallas maker space social media~

8 Likes

When the physical distancing stuff has passed, I’m all for getting some games in!

3 Likes

We could probably dye sub aluminum of the appropriate size. :wink:

I’m interested, too. I’ve only played it on my phone against AIs. I’d love to play a live game.

1 Like

Me @alexandcolesmom , @Lordrook, and @classielassie have been playing using the catan app and it’s gone pretty well. It has a few bugs, but worked well enough for us to get some games in. That was what started me on printing a 3D version!

2 Likes

Borrowed a lathe, finished a several month old ring project.

13 Likes