Show and Tell June 2024

Post a picture and description of anything you are working on this month at the 'Space (or elsewhere) here!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment and so much more. There are lots of people doing cool things at DMS all the time, but most of us don’t get to see it. Post it here and share the interesting things you are doing at Dallas Makerspace this month!

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here on a blog post or other social media (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer social media content!

• a decent QUALITY photo
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog)
  • HOW you’ve made it
  • and WHY
5 Likes

I’m working on some fermentation crocks!

18 Likes

4", 6-1/2", and 10-1/4" tall prints all from the same file on the Saturn 2 resin printer. The big print was 17 hours and 34 minutes, and was made as large as possible that would still fit into the Saturn’s build volume.

14 Likes

Impressive. Could you please post the slicer view of what it looked like with supports?

Zombie roller waitress gets an opponent… 285% scale from original file, 18 hrs 7 min print time.

Will do, just have to grab screenshots from Chitubox the next time I’m at the space.

14 Likes

Oh I love that!!! Awesome!!

Made form western red Cedar and the cherry for the cutting boards

Finished this thing up this week
I’ll start the finish next weeks… can you say Fire!

20 Likes

Wow that’s really nice!!

1 Like

The gal with the chainsaw either giant size or a miniature would be really fun to paint!!

Went to the space tonight to work on a project and barely touched it before walking through and finding Max and Vincent working on something cool. Of course my ADD brain saw a squirrel and had to chase it. But I got an impromptu lesson in metal spinning from Mac and made a cool little bowl. A little spit and polish and it looks great. Thanks for the lesson Max!! And yet another rabbit hole to go down at the makerspace!! Are yall sure we can’t live there? LoL

14 Likes

Miniature tripod and camera. Tripod and tripod head were completely re-engineered in Fusion 360 to be suitable for miniatures, printed in BlueCast XOne wax casting resin, and cast in bronze. The stems for the tripod handles are steel music wire and were cast in place. After casting, the bronze pieces were machined and brass tubing/hinges were added. Tripod includes some brass turnings (including 0-80 and 00-90 threaded parts) turned on my Taig lathe. The resin printed camera has a UV-cured resin “lens”.

EDIT: Please do not post to T…T.k.

21 Likes

Printed a 28” long articulated bone dragon on my Bambu X1-Carbon using rainbow PETG. just shy of 7 hours to print. Starting a 60” version now.

8 Likes

Awesome! From where did you get the model?

Makerworld.com has it posted by 8BitTitan.
https://makerworld.com/en/models/442334#profileId-348237

1 Like

Oh, I have a full set of the zombies that are being painted up at 4-3/4" (GI Joe figure scale), and I’m also gonna paint up the large (~1/6 scale) zombie waitress and chainsaw girl as a diptych diorama.

All the 3d files are from the Loot Studios “Z Outbreak: Survivors” set.

2 Likes

Very cool! Can the be printed in warhammer 4ok size? We have a table top game universe, homemade, that they would go great in. I’d love to paint them and use them

You just have to scale them to whatever size you need in Chitubox. The set already includes pre-supported models in 35mm and 75mm, so if either of those work for Warhammer40k you’re GTG.

https://app.lootstudios.com/bundle/z-outbreak-survivors/

1 Like

From tonight’s “Turn a Wooden Bowl” class. Thanks Todd!

17 Likes

That is fantastic!