Show and Tell July 2022

Thanks! it’s a download on the vetric website. I use aspire to do the program on my axiom. The hardest part was the barrel hinges! it now has black flocking on the inside and is for a gift for a librarian.

2 Likes

Awesome!!! I love it!!!
thanks for sharing your art
Sean

Pot lid rack!
I was thinking about making one, and had bought dowels. A guy was milling some mesquite wood and he gifted me some random boards—exactly what I needed!

I made a jig to help cut the dowels on the band saw (cutting little things that tend to FWING! to the other side of the room makes me nervous. Wear your safety glasses, friends!).

I used the radial arm saw to cut to length and slight angles on the interior cross pieces; band saw to cut the dowels; drill press to drill the holes. Glue, and a couple of screws. Cost me about $4 for the dowels plus the free wood.

17 Likes

FYI: I made this specifically for my larger lids. The rear pegs are set 2-1/2” apart and stick up 4-1/2”. The near end pegs are 2” apart and stick up 4”.

1 Like

Experimenting with more paper. @dougbcave I took notes on this time, so any potential students could get similar results. Though i feel like they wouldn’t need much.

9 Likes

The viking wire weave is the right size for those big beads I’ve not been able to use.

16 Likes

@sroriginals wire wrapping class produced some beautiful things that I’m sure she’ll post.
I used two items from Cairenn’s stash, and I love the way they turned out.

18 Likes

Let’s see if I can get the picture up here. Everyone did such wonderful pieces.

17 Likes

White Outdoor Shelf … Plywood and Poplar with exterior grade glue and paint. Modeled in Fusion360, dimension cuts at the space, assembly and paint in the garage.

19 Likes

I saw those as they were in the bisque stage on the shelves not too long ago!!! They look amazing!!

1 Like

So nice… I bet those shelves don’t sag like the plastic ones… :blush:

Table 1
Table 2
Table 3JPG
Just finished one of my first Woodshop Projects at DMS, small end table for my wife.
15 1/2 X 8 X 18 Perfect fit for the small space available. Made the table from salvaged piece from DMS woodshop, some ebony pen blanks trimmed to 1/4 x 1/2 for the edge. Hard maple for the legs.

18 Likes

I laser engraved the digital media photography cart that @j801496 helped me put together. :grin:

13 Likes

“Sunrise at 4-Bit Beach” – Fused and slumped glass from Beth’s class.

16 Likes

Almost forgot about this project. Customer wanted a crate for two dogs and a furniture style top. After reviewing different options, one of my Beraht Stream Table tops featuring a “stream” of loose LED backlit fire glass was selected. The crate is Baltic birch with a pecan stain. The top is live edge English Walnut and the bowties to join the slabs are actually dog bone shaped. My first time using English walnut, but it won’t be my last. Super color variation.

Daylight picture:

Nighttime picture:

20 Likes

Epoxy resin rose. Hope your day is well.

18 Likes

beautiful!!!

1 Like

Prototype illusion for digital media:

15 Likes

That’s gorgeous! Did you use a mold? How’d ya make it (the rose and/or the mold)?

1 Like

I use proto putty to make the mold. I used a pressure pot for both casting of mold and the resin. I made the stem out of a copper pipet. The proto putty recipe is one part ge silicon one, one part mineral spirits one part corn starch. I put my positive polymer clay model into the pressure pot with pressure to make sure it would not break in the mold making process. I wish i could keep this cool when mixing and use a sonic vibrator to agitate air out proto putty mixture before sliding the mixture in my contain with my positive i wanted to cast. Here is link for proto putty. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7fwytA5r2Mw&ved=2ahUKEwi5-PD2pKT5AhV1kWoFHev1CZUQFnoECAsQBA&usg=AOvVaw0eLwflkemqL2V3J993ZEWB

This end results. Much like this incomplete work.

5 Likes