Show and Tell July 2020

I did a cheesy little hook for my headphones to attach to my Skandia desk. It’s not very impressive, but I thought some people with really old crappy desks might find inspiration.

16 Likes

That’s awesome!

Axel I assume you did this on a 3d printer. Can you share the stl please?

face shield PPE frame for use w/ clear report cover.

Note that with John’ Gorman’s insightful help, I changed the axis on it as it’s set wrong for the polyprinter - kissslicer - transform menu hidden in the right frame under a right click - make sure the 3 prongs face up with support.

Tried to fit a shield made from a 2 liter pepsi bottle on this, but it came up too short.

5 Likes

Thanks. I’ll give it a whirl on my new Ender 3 pro and see how it comes out. Thanks for the tips, too.

Thanks to the great help of @mrjimmy, I learned how to cut and polish yesterday. The fossil ridges proved to be a little challenging but it turned out so much better than I imagined. Now for the bezel…

18 Likes

Finally finished everything up. Ready to rock now. Gotta start telling people it’s high noon.

10 Likes

Nice work. Always wanted to do this for myself. It looks all handsewn and that in and of itself is quite an accomplishment.

Printed it on the new Ender 3 Pro. Pics attached. Thanks for the pointers. I didn’t need to use any raft, brim or support on the print

7 Likes

I made neat fliers for mask awareness.
I’m not a graphic designer. Just a bored guy.

7 Likes

Is that a potato?

4 Likes

Wrote an article on generative design, @TBJK printed the black ones.

3 Likes

glock? I have a sticker for that…haha

1 Like

I’m in love with all those bright colors. Beautiful work!

1 Like

I didn’t realize I should have posted here in the first place, whoops! Here’s the computer desk I finished yesterday. Many thanks to everyone on Talk who helped with all of my questions, you guys are what make DMS so great!

22 Likes

Laser engraved rolling pin for ceramics :hugs:
Thanks to @michaelb for teaching!!!

20 Likes

java

3 Likes

Or cocoa/espresso cookies (biscuits if your from over the pond).

3 Likes

My little Ender 3 Pro has not been idle since I got the thing. My longest print yet has been 35 hours. That’s some endurance I’ll tell you.
I used some rainbow silk PLA to print it.

Here are the latest:

25 Likes

Back at the beginning of “shelter in place” restrictions, I was contemplating various UFO projects I had packaged up awaiting inertia to be disturbed. One of the things I found was a pattern I won as a door prize at a Dallas Modern Quilt Guild meeting many years ago, packaged with the white-on-white print I had imagined I would use with the pattern.

I had idly been thinking I wanted to make a quilt for @uglyknees as a wedding gift. At that time, they were still planning to tie the knot in July. So I asked Nicole what sort of colors she liked, so I could take that into consideration as I dug into my extensive fabric stash. (read: hoard) She responded that she liked indigos. Which kind of surprised me, but hey. I had taken an indigo dye class some time ago from my friend Tonya Littmann, and had the fat quarters I had dyed that day. Perfect!

Well, turns out I didn’t dye as much fabric as I’d thought. So I began perusing Etsy for some more. Scored some indigo/shibori prints designed by Texas artist, Debbie Maddy. Then the cutting and the sewing began.

This was a start/stop/start/stop project, as I kept getting waylaid by mask-making efforts and other UFO projects I wanted to work on. But it’s DONE. And will be going to live with Nicole, Kenneth and Ayden next week-ish.

I did not do the quilting. In this case, I did quilting-by-checkbook. (hiring a long arm quilter.)

25 Likes