Show and Tell December 2020

It’s a Swarovski widow, they’re pretty rare.

4 Likes

It’s just bigger with more bugle beads. I found some beads with my school colors, but they were bigger so needed bigger legs. :blush:

Some pendants and earrings I made. The stones were collected by my kids during a trip to New Mexico mountains a 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. Cut and polished them in lapidary, green was petrified wood (I think) and the red one Jasper maybe. Built the silver bezels in jewelry, thanks Johnny for all the

help and direction!

14 Likes

Where’d you get the pen kit?:kissing:

A couple of places, wood world, rockler, and woodcraft are local ones. Internet i would use pennstateind.com

2 Likes

Beautiful Steve!

1 Like

Custom kitchenaid!

Powder coated most of it at the space, but I did have to send out a couple parts due to some issues with stripping the base powder in places

18 Likes

Working on crochet projects and making a practice version of the mask necklace for potential class.

10 Likes

Christmas Poster: Before my Stroke I would use a sheet of construction paper to display my Xmas cards.this year I made a poster with an image I pulled off the web and tiled w/ M/$ paint. I have attached the tiles in a zip folder, here is the final result…

Xmas Poster.zip (3.9 MB)

base Images.zip (2.1 MB)

10 Likes

Tried to follow Nadia’s suggesting for smaller, earring sized spiders, but they’re still a bit big.
Missing the Historical style ring class from Sue :heart:

9 Likes

Made this Christmas present for my Dad of a boat he’s restoring - did the line work by hand from the original sales brochure. Many thanks to @CaryF300 for all the help lasering this for me.
It’s mounted on 1/4 in plywood with a deep blue stain.

10 Likes

I made these last night. First time solo. Only messed up one blank along the way.

15 Likes

Fence will slide on bolts along the two slots for adjustability. The guillotine shear (Jewelry) is only for thin, soft metals so the wooden fence should be adequate.

I have a project that needs this for repeatability, after which I will give it to the Jewelry committee (if they want it). Since it will become a community-use item, I attached a small sliding-lid box to contain the hardware.

9 Likes

Made a few mermaid necklaces for friends for Christmas, though I’ve been working so much (and, well, covid), I’ve been unable to hand them over yet.

The sand dollars are resin I cast myself :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I am making some luxury face masks!

5 Likes

A little Pulp Fiction action for you. Dyed veneer abstract in 3 colors.

15 Likes

That turned out great. I love the blue background.

I made myself a battery holder and a desk organizer (and used up some of that big

sheet of mdf I had hanging around)

6 Likes

Beautiful! The powder coating wiki page says the equipment isn’t ready to do powder coating at makerspace. Is the page out of date or did you get extra creative?

I didn’t even know that page existed. It is woefully out of date