Show and Tell December 2020

Turned a dip pen for my kid for Christmas. It’s made from the branch his swing used to be on from a mulberry we had to cut down.

18 Likes

24 inch giant tree hand cut and textured, currently in a very slow

dry.

12 Likes

So this one was a bit of a new one for me, I’ve never done a triple drawer before, but this is actually part of a brother sister pair, for those who don’t know brother sister pairs are 2 similar but different pieces, sister pairs are 2 identical and mother daughter are identical but ones smaller, but this is just one of the the pair. I’ll try and get some pictures of the other one to post, but I posted in another thread about turning mistakes into design elements, well I got so focused on making the 3 draws fit nice and right side by Side I forgot about the drawer slide and had no room so I had to come up with a pretty cool work around I’d never of thought of if I hadn’t made that mistake, I used soft maple and some less figured bubinga than my last table but still slightly figured, went with a 2 part matte urethane clear coat as a finish

14 Likes

Not yet Josh. Getting a stock built up first.

It’s finally done!

15 Likes

Hey y’all, I’m Paul. Made an end table out of walnut. It was my first time doing bookmatching and I was really happy with how the grain turned out. Finished it with Rubio Monocoat.

29 Likes

Dried and preserved these wedding flowers in resin for a coffee table tray

26 Likes

Polished a couple garnets and another ricohlite serpentine today.

15 Likes

Hi. My name’s Nolan. These past 2 months I managed to turn successfully 2 bowls and assemble a cuttingboard(design by cuttingboarddesigner.com for beginners). Im an architectural designer that was inspired by my friend that does excellent carpentry( Graham Parker). He just inspired me to try out. I’ve been a member for 2 months so I hope I’ve made progress. Hope to crank out better stuff!

20 Likes

Veneered 2 ply portrait in Bubinga, Ash, Wenge. This 2 ply had a heavy lacquer finish to start so care has t be taken so that it doesn’t get cloudy while cutting it. Cheers!

9 Likes

Where did you get the garnets?

The rock barrel, it’s next to wood world in Richardson.

2 Likes

Get lost in Slipcasting on the calendar next week. :hugs:

21 Likes

11 Likes

Love the snowflake!

2 Likes

We had fun making “Christmas” spiders last night

11 Likes

Beautiful! :blankspace:

1 Like

Those look really good!

1 Like

I made this fountain pen. It is the magnetic vertex fountain pen kit, with a lollipop acrylic blank.

11 Likes

Is that a new spider? Legs look different