Show and Tell August 2020

Didn’t do this at DMS, but as I’m in perpetual social distancing mode, I thought I’d share a small ‘make’ that makes my seemingly eternal existence at home a little more pleasant. Tools: Cricut Maker, Vinyl, and Armour Etch Glass etching compound. You could do this on the DMS Cameo Silhouette easily.

28 Likes

We just whipped out our brand new Cricut Maker that’s been sitting in it’s box since before COVID. Having fun so far. Nice sticker design.

2 Likes

Scott shamed me for leaving our Cricut in the box and threw down with a 48hr maker challenge. Loser subject to unspecified public humiliation, so the pressure was ON! I think I get bonus points for making a rub, too. His porch light, however, is more effective: light shining through glass really shows off the etching.

21 Likes

I finished/gave up on my stained glass lamp. Was originally suppose to be all handmade stained glass panels, but I just got so fed up with it that I compromised at 3 handmade panels, and 3 of the original dolphin panels that originally came with the lamp. If I ever tried this again, I think I would want to try glass slumping or maybe even a resin mold (open to suggestions on that). Kudos to people who make tiffany lamps, I just couldn’t get the flat pieces of glass to match the curve of the lamp properly.

16 Likes

There is a reason that it is called “making” and not “succeeding”. I think the result is quite lovely.

9 Likes

Made these leaf trinket dishes for my sister for her holiday table scape. White stoneware clay, slab rolled and cut in leaf shapes. Glazed with Amaco Deep speckled red and iron lustre on top.

14 Likes

My mom and I got a Circut Maker and it’s very nice. I haven’t tested the other features yet.

4 Likes

I’m loving that eagle. How much of that was the laser tracing?

1 Like

This was the initial tracing. It was pretty light but I could work with it.

Here is another one, before and after. Had a better trace on this one with a darker leather.

6 Likes

Hollow ceramic pumpkins delicately made with white stoneware slabs, a dose of patience, and foam forms. Doing sets of three in various shades with metallic handles. I am giving these to my besties and family for holiday gifts (pre xmas) so they can use them for October and November. They should be fine in rain, sleet, snow, and heat. I was surprised that many of my friends requested blues and teals.

I made because I wanted to make some fall-ish decorations for my patio.

13 Likes

Teal pumpkins are part of a nationwide food allergy initiative.

4 Likes

How cool is that?! I’ve never heard of this before!

Wow…great info. Thanks!

Just finished this. I have never hand sewn anything. What a learning experience. I cut all the pieces with Big Thunder the other day.

Before the legs were attached it would stand on it’s own.

19 Likes

Beautiful work.

1 Like

Ha! I’m working on the same project. I was digitizing the plans on Saturday. Did you just cut out the profiles, or did you do the stitch holes too?

I did the stitch holes as well.

2 Likes

Amazing! ,

1 Like

That how I teach my classes but on a much smaller scale like keychains.

1 Like

I made one too! and also working on digitizing the pattern ha!

Hand cut and stitched. Dyed with an airbrush.

13 Likes