Show and Tell April 2022

@dryad2b taught a great glass fusing class last night. There were four of us in the class. Below are some pictures of the work in process. It went into the kiln last night and will be ready for pickup today.

The finished product.

12 Likes

Let’s see if i can just sneak this in while it’s still April. I finished this project a few weeks ago. It’s a clone of the Mouseguard rulebook for my tabletop group. There was a lot of experimentation involved in getting the cover just right and I’m not QUITE 100% happy with it, but it’s easily the nicest thing I’ve made so far. And I learned that with the right tools, it’s perfectly possible to print on cotton fabric with a regular old inkjet.

5 Likes

Do you use Bubble Jet Set? I wondered how well it would work without it.

2 Likes

Nope! I just print directly onto clean, untreated craft store cotton and set it with a hot iron. Then I fill the fabric with wheat paste and liquid acrylic to protect it from water and glue.
I’m not certain if it would wash well without the stuff you asked about. I don’t often need to throw the books in with the towels.

3 Likes

Wednesday’s leather journal class. Thank you to everyone who attended.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s on the agenda. We’re thinking the same thoughts

First time welding. I learned that I really like welding. :grin:

14 Likes

That’s no moon

11 Likes

Go, Go, Go, Godzilla!

10 Likes

Everything I own started leaking this month. Latest thing so far was my truck leaking gas…

Turned out to be the fuel tank filler neck, which is easiest to get to when you remove the bed… I recommend a large oak as an assistant.

10 Likes

Julie the blacksmith at Brookhaven. Our spring class is over but there are more classes to come.

12 Likes

got it installed in the greenhouse (they wanted it installed early since it was done) will return for a photoshoot with lots of sun

17 Likes

Thank you for teaching, John. You did a great job teaching and I’m very happy with my leather journal. Now what to write in it …

1 Like

Glad you came, Maybe attach a picture?

Sundays class. Thank you to everyone who attended.

11 Likes

Thank you for teaching @j801496 !
I love my journal!!!

1 Like

4 Likes

Thank you so much! This was a lot of fun!

1 Like

Thanks for the great class. My Dqughter and I had a blast!

5 Likes