Shout out to automotive

I just wanted to take the time to give a big shout out to pretty much the entire automotive department, for helping me to fix my car. They saw that i had no idea what i was doing, and took the time to come over and help me fix everything. You guys are alright in my book!

I especially want to thank Allen, @TLAR, and M.J. everyone in the department was a big help, they are just the only ones whose names i learned.

9 Likes

What ended up being the problem with cylinder #1?

1 Like

somehow the hydraulic lifter rods popped out from underneath the piston headers

What in the hell is a “piston header”?

1 Like

i might have the terms wrong; rocker heads might be it?

Looks like one of the following?

If so, “Rocker arm” is the correct term. Though, pretty rare for a lifter to completely dislodge from underneath its rocker. What kind of car?

the second picture. yeah, from everyone’s reaction, that is what i gathered. it’s a 2004 pontiac grand am v6

1 Like

GM proving, once again, that if it can be built, it can be broken. I’ve never even heard of a pushrod engine straight dropping a lifter. I need to know more.

Anyone who helped Zach have more details?

1 Like

Zach,

I’m glad it wasn’t worse.

Kris, you should have heard that thing drive up the ramp … that car is a PRIME example of why car owners should take a moment and learn how to CHECK their OIL LEVEL…
there is zero reason for ever having no oil on the dipstick(in this case there was no oil for the dipstick to reach until Allen poured 3 or 4 quarts in ?

Good times.
Glad it turned out to be less than an engine.

2 Likes

I’m a strong proponent of minding one’s fluids. Keep the fluid where it’s supposed to be and it’ll keep the car happy.

2 Likes

Looks like you were dead on. :wink:

Good job, gang!

3 Likes