Sewing SIG -- Meeting or Office Hours? 11/2020

It has been noted elsewhere that we would need a SIG meeting if we wanted something big. Mind you, our little room is stuffed, and I’m not sure what else we might want. Little things don’t require meeting minutes to document.

I’ve been thinking of doing Office Hours. So far I’ve got a vote for Tuesday evenings. While my thought has been that I’d get the most usefulness out of the time if it were available to folks with day jobs, I need to hear from those with night jobs too.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Evenings are best for me as a day-job person. Interested in getting trained on the embroidery machine to do minor personalizations. I also think this could help me entice my wife to join.

One thought might be to do even weeks in the evenings and odd weeks during the day. That assumes there is bandwidth within the SIG to support the approach :blush:

Good on you!! Office hours are a totally kick-ass idea. I wish more committees had/held them :–)

Office hours would be awesome! There’s a lot I want to learn, but need to be shown.

Office Hours are a great idea! Do you have availability on the weekend during the day? That might be good for members with jobs that can’t get to DMS in the evening M-F