Sewing Machines and Fabric

I have a friend that has a Brothers sewing machine to give away. Do you folks have a need for one? Do you take fabric donations and if so, what kind fo fabric do you take and what sizes?

There would need to be more/fuller/better descriptions and pics to be able to answer this clearly. re: fabric, as long as it is in bolts and/or neatly organized pieces large enough to be truly useful, I’d think th answer is yes, although @dryad2b can be more definitive.

Some recent insight re: machines here:

If this is a good machine/model in good working order, I’d imagine you may have some individual takers for a reasonable price or free pick-up just to help get it out of his/her home. Also, please refer to other makerspace at bottom of linked thread that may be able to benefit from the offer.

DMS doesn’t need any sewing machines at this time. Our shelves are full. They might think about The Lab? Or one of the other makerspaces in the area?

And, while I would accept any fabric donations, those could as easily go with the machine. People have been generous to us. I have plenty of donated fabric to use for the tote bag class, for instance.