Sewing 101 class

The 8th unfortunately does not work for me. I am limited during the week Thursday’s night and weekend are when I am typically free.

Well, at least you let me know. You might just show up to the CA Office Hours on Thursday night. I never teach on Thursday because Tour Night can muck up a class (at least the way I view classes), and my weekends are gone for a while.

Thanks for trying to help. I have not used a sewing machine since I was in Home Economics in high school (multiple decades ago) and I am looking for a sewing basics refresher. Mainly I am needing to alter down some clothing. In the past when I had inquired it was recommended to me I take the 101 class but it sounds like that is not what that class is. Maybe I will get signed off on making sure I am using the machine correctly and just start trying things.

Is there a recommended “tool” kit I should have of my own use?

Not so much. One always wants pins, good scissors, and a measuring tool or two. We typically have enough of those available that you can find some for use.

You do need to bring thread to match your project. I haven’t looked, so I don’t know how far we’ve gotten on having black, white, beige, and grey thread readily available. There are a number of other colors, but they’re donations, so maybe we’ll have something right, and maybe we won’t.