Service Manual (2017 VW Golf Sportwagen)

I’ve been in the habit of buying the factory service manual for every car I own. That really doesn’t seem to be an option for this one, at least not in paper. I’ve done a little research and there a bunch of “data” options - most of which seem to be subscriptions.

Some are outright purchases, like this PDF option:

but I’m reluctant to dump this kind of money into it sight unseen.

Any suggestions, recommendations, or insights?

I’d suggest going to this swap meet in two weeks and see if that company has a booth displaying their “factory service manuals”.

Or any others. Thanks.

I’m at the end of the factory warranty, so I’ll start doing most of my own maintenance on this. First up on the recommended list after oil changes is brake fluid change soon, and plugs at 80K.

1 Like

2017…Sadly yours is a petrol engine and not a diesel like mine.

If you need any “pointers” on maintenance or repairs on it, I can put you touch with my close friend - he is the best VW & Audi technician.

We’re evaluating a ProDemand subscription for Automotive, there’s a trial on the auto pc if you want to see if it’s got the data you need. Could be a good test.

2 Likes

I’ll add it to my Sunday todo list. Thanks.

https://www.ross-tech.com/
Do you have this? Have you heard of it if not? Def something worth it…

1 Like

Do not.

Been looking to talk to someone who has one. Any idea when you’ll be at the space next? Sunday for me probably.

Ross tech is a must-have for the vw diyer. Haven’t regretted a aecond of that expense!

1 Like

I’ve got an unlimited VIN cable (legitimate, came with my used car actually lol) and I’m happy to let someone borrow it for a bit if needed. The new ones, and the unlimited VIN ones are getting pricier as they’ve been trying to squeeze the customer more lately.

This weekend is out for me - as Texas Presby’s failed surgery on my foot is going for a second try this week. I asked if this was covered as a warranty service …since their titanium hardware failed - they said “you have really good insurance” to the tune of $32k…

Wow, only $32K? You can hardly get a gown and a gurney for that these days… :crazy_face:

I’m hearing this a lot. I need to figure out the licensing. It looks like the vin lock is use it and use it up, so if I get rid of the car I can’t get rid of the license. I suspect that the software will age out before the car does though.

So the cable is the license limiter, not the software?

It is for a single toe and one over priced (what isn’t in American Healthcare) threaded fastener…

Double billing my insurance company makes it 64k for a failed job the first time.

Yeah, the version I have is that way.

Do what you want with this information but have you looked on EBay? They are typically $4 or $5 and the seller will send you a download link to an adobe copy for the service manual.

Otherwise Pro Demand as mentioned is everything you can hope and dream in a repair reference platform.

We just got a hold of the factory manuals from Mitchell1 !!! Send me a PM or stop by the automotive department and I’ll show you the program. It has all the information you need and then some!

I’m in most of today until 5 or so.

I tried logging into the PC using the credentials on the note pad there without luck. I’m guessing they are for a website or app I did not see.

I think you log in with your DMS windows login. Then go to the prodemand website - there’s a login link at the top of here: https://www.prodemand.com/
That’s where the login and password come in (I believe)