Serger- not working

I’ve been using the serger today and it suddenly stopped working. More specifically, its not sewing the stitch its just letting out thread. I’m a total newbie and have no clue how to try and fix it! Anyone gonna be around today that may be able to look at it?

Thanks!

Kate

I am not an expert but this may be caused by running out of one of the bottom threads

Thanks for your response Jacob! There is still plenty of thread but I know that its not set up/wound correctly anymore. I tried to follow the diagram and was unsuccessful re-threading it. :grimacing: I decided to stop before I mess anything up.

That’s a good plan. Who signed you off on the machine?

I believe this is the video I used to use. After threading a serger a few times, it becomes comfortable and quick (except the lower looper on some models). I think it’s the Brother we have that has a cut out on the lower looper that makes it easier.

1 Like

Well you showed me how to use the regular sewing machines but another member showed me this one. I didn’t realize I needed a separate sign off, sorry!

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

Is anyone available to lend me some guidance with making large cushions? The serger still hasn’t been “put back together” and I’m kind of stumped. I’m hoping for bit of a training course on both cushion making and the serger.

Thanks in advance!

-Kate

1 Like

I just put an Office Hours on the calendar for Monday 2/7 6-9 pm. That’s for anybody to come by and get some sewing help.

3 Likes

Don’t we have 3 Brother Sergers?

That’s a good question. I think you’re right, but we only have one out. I’ll try to look at it… sometime… soon-ish…

1 Like