‘SEND’ Error - Lasers have too many files

This is my first time using the laser. After getting everything set up according to the laser, guidance booklet, I tried sending a few test sheets to Blitzen. I got this error saying there are too many files stored and it won’t accept new files until some are deleted. I tried searching for the existing files to delete any possible junk but I can’t find any. Can someone help?

Thanks

Sorry I can’t be more precise (because I can’t see the laser menus) but I can give you a rough idea. The problem is that the laser can only keep 99(?) jobs in history. You need to select any old file and then delete it. For each file you delete, you can load a file.

I seem to recall that you can get there from the file menu, and I seem to recall that the right arrow button was involved.

I also think there is a way to delete all of the files in memory but I don’t know what that is.

I’m late to the party here but, I’ll be in the space today and will clear the jobs.

There’s a simple way to delete files from the lasers using the control panel - I do it regularly whenever I use them - however I can’t describe it precisely.

I recall that one can press FILE to present a list of filenames + previews. For each file there’s a context menu which will allow deletion. I usually just clear my own jobs, however I would not hesitate to clear prior jobs since it’s a production buffer not archival storage.

1 Like