Seeking Sewing Machine Training

Hello,

I’m looking for information on sewing machine classes and training, as my understanding is it’s a prerequisite for using the DMS machines. I don’t see anything on the events calendar, but apparently there was a class about 10 days ago?

How would I get the necessary training?

I think I’ll let @AmeliaG jump in here. I normally teach the class, but folks can do a one-off. I’m currently working, so that has shrunk the number of classes I teach. I’m already booked with other classes for the next 2 Sundays, and I think I’ve promised a glass class on the 3rd Sunday.

1 Like

I can either put up a class or do a one-on-one training, which machine do you want certification on?
There are the regular sewing machines, the sergers, the industrial singer 20u33, And the Thor leather sewing machine

A regular sewing machine.

I happen to have a visit to DMS scheduled this Sunday if you happen to have availability then. Otherwise, I intend to make time for the class/session and will make myself available for any night not on Tuesday or Wednesday, and any time on the weekend.

Should I expect to have to prepare in some way? Presumably I should bring materials. I know little about using a sewing machine.

Can’t tell if you saw my response, so bringing this back up

Thank you, I did miss the response.

You don’t need to bring materials for class, you will need to bring your own materials when you start working on your own projects.

I can do Monday. What time?

I am available between 6 and 9 this Monday. Want to target 7?

1 Like

7pm on Monday!

1 Like