Schedule CNC Test

CNC Supervisors,

Could i get a response for my request to test on the CNC please? I have purchased the requested bits and my files are ready to go.

Thanks,

Max T.

@cghaly

Hey Max – Usually the first person to review your file schedules the test with you. I have looked at your file and it looks good to go (you might want to consider down-cut bits instead of up-cut as the top finish is better).

What day/time works for you to run through your file?

Best wishes,

Chris Ghaly

[email protected] mailto:[email protected]

469-300-WOOD (9663)

Hey, newb to the makerspace here. I know the HAAS class requires significant time and some payment due to the importance of the machine and I am thinking of signing up for the CNC in the woodshop next week.
The main two questions I had on the event are is the $50 standard for the event (since I have no actual data to check/compare it to) and would the $50 include the materials needed for the test project?

-RinTuon

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yes. The $50 is the standard fee for the class. It helps defray the cost of CNC bits/spoil boards, etc. As for the test materials, that would be your responsibility based on the project that you choose.

Dear Chris and other CNC Gurus,
I emailed ([email protected],[email protected]) my CNC Router test file last week on the 17th and have not yet heard back from anyone. Is this due to a backlog in gurus to test or did I not email it to the right addresses?
Thanks, Amo

Hey Chris,

Looking forward to the class next week and finally getting to play on it. Quick question about the test out portion. Would it help speed things along if I sent you the files ahead of time? I’d like to test out after class and get to work asap if at all possible.

I have a few things to make for an etsy shop of mine and need to start gearing up for the holidays.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

The class I’m teaching isn’t until October 26. The October 5th class is
being taught by Alex.

As for the test, you need a project with pocket, profile and vcarve
toolpaths using ramps and tabs. Since the class is 4 hours long, I’m not
sure if Alex will want to stay following the marathon class. You will have
to take that up with him. If not, you can submit your crv file to the
CNCSupervisors email list and someone will pick it up and works with your
schedule to get the test completed.

Hope that helps.