Salvage yard website

Last year allen showed me a website where salvage yards will mail you parts.

Anybody familiar with that?

car-part.com? and more characters

2 Likes

Thanks, but it wasnā€™t it.

Thatā€™s the one I always useā€¦

www.partcycle.com

1 Like

Thats it!!! Thank you!

What I hate about car-parts, is itā€™s too hard to find what youre looking for. Iā€™m looking for a rear subframe. Canā€™t find anything in the parts section for car-parts. Any advice?

When you say you cannot find the part - the rear sub frame in this case - how are you searching for it?

The reason I ask is that not all vehicle manufacturers use the same designation / name for what you may be calling the part. ( this is for others that may not know)

What one may think of as a ā€œrear subframeā€ for for one vehicle is what BMW calls a ā€œrear axle carrierā€

These parts are rarely listed for sale for most used parts sites - very narrow market.
You will most likely have to call and ask about that part or just go to a local yard that has your model in stock.

What year, make & model are you looking for said part for ?

3 Likes

Hey Tom,

The issue I have is Car-parts.com. Iā€™ve tried looking for frame, subframe, carrier, differential carrier, K-Frame, crossmember, and probably another 20 variants. I need to know what car-parts calls it.

what year make and model is this going on ?

2004 BMW 325ci e46

Last 7 of the VIN please?

I happen to be out at a fairly large independent BMW / Euro shop in east Texas dropping off some gear and parts and Iā€™ll ask them to have a look.

3 Likes

@TLAR. PLEASE tell me that cooper is loosing itā€™s hood and being lengthened to add the 10 to it :wink: haha

1 Like

The owner of that R52 isnā€™t thrilled with me as it isā€¦so doing that would not help but I do appreciate the idea.

George,

My friend said one of the techs here is or was parting out an E46 and will ask him if he still has the car.
I should have an answer for you by Monday.

Pg97641

Sorry. Didnā€™t see you wanted the vin

Rear carrier / subframe is available as parts car hasnā€™t been scrapped yet.

The bmw guy wants $145 for it.

My friend may be coming to DFW for a visit next weekend and said he would may be able to bring it with him.

Ok. Lets do it.

Can you order all the bushing for it as well?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@ggenovez and others who might possibly look in future, it appears one can find the part I have the impression we are seeking by selecting ā€˜rear crossmemberā€™ in the selection fields:

and whichever rear suspension type is applicable:
surprisingly, one of the vendors includes a photo, which might even be accurate

as always, a phone call is a good idea to confirm youā€™re speaking the same lingo and/or the photo is accurateā€¦
Seems like Tomā€™s got you hooked up, so this probably isnā€™t important to you anymore, but maybe itā€™ll help someone at some pointā€¦ :+1:

4 Likes