Sad News - Robert Johnson - Service Info Added

This man was a great guy. He was always doing great things, making new things for his bikes. He got the autoclave I and @ESmith delivered to his home. definitely a nice guy. I am saddened by this.

2 Likes

Oh my ā€¦ Very sad news! I met Robert a couple of months ago. He was a very nice guy!

2 Likes

This is heartbreaking, thank you for letting us know. He was open and friendly and Iā€™ll miss his stories. Thank you @AlexRhodes for setting up the ability to contribute to his family.

6 Likes

For those that are interested in attending Robā€™s Funeral.

Sunday, March 26th 4pm-6pm at Sacred Funeral Home, 1395 N Hwy 67 S, Cedar Hill, TX 75104

The funeral service will be at the funeral home on Monday, March 27th 11:30am, followed by the burial at the VA Cemetery in Dallas.

11 Likes

Thank you for providing us this information. Iā€™m truly still trying to wrap my head around I wonā€™t see him again. We were working together that day on something for the Space - then ā€¦

We were blessed for the time we had with him.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone, this is Tiffaney Johnson, Robertā€™s wife. I wanted to say thank you for all the kind words of my husband. DMS was his home away from home. He always had some great idea that needed to be completed. I am glad I had the opportunity to meet some of you. I saw you all are doing a collection for us. I will be contributing all that is collected into a trust fund for his daughters. Please contact me at [email protected] or I can pick it up. Thank you so much for creating a wonderful space for him to bring his ideas to life.

29 Likes

I wanted to share this picture I took of Robert when I met him for Instagram. I only met your husband briefly but he was thoughtful, kind, and a full active mind. Iā€™m very sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you.

9 Likes

Hi Tiffaney, My condolences to you and the girlsā€¦

Rob was one of the most positive souls around, and always so very kind and helpful - no matter what he was working on. He was genuinely a great asset to the Space - both in how much he helped work on keeping the HAAS running, and as a part of our community of Makers.

He also got a good laugh at how much my daughter spends on my youngest grandsonā€™s hair (lol?). The initial conversation about my grandsonā€™s hair got us on the subject of mixed type hair (Evanā€™s hair is very curly but with some patches of looser almost wavy hairā€¦). Rob pulled up some pictures of you and the girls - at first to show me how much one of the girlā€™s hair is like my grandsonā€™s; but, he also went on talking about other memories in generalā€¦ The look in his eyes and smile on his face as he went through the pictures left no doubt that you and the girls were his world! :heart_eyes:

He was a truly great man! I consider myself fortunate to have met him, and really miss his positive energyā€¦

9 Likes

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the kind words. I just found this message.

1 Like