Sad News - Robert Johnson - Service Info Added

Hello All,

Rob Johnson a DMS member was killed in a motorcycle accident last night.

Rob was a wizard on the haas and was working on a maroon SUV last week on the lift. He was always working on new innovations and his motorcycles at the shop.

He was a friend of mine outside of the space, he will be dearly missed.

2 Likes

That really sucks. He will be sorely missed. My prayers for his wife and children.

3 Likes

Man that is bad news. He will certainly be missed.

4 Likes

I only knew Rob for a few months, but he was always friendly and had something interesting he was working on to show me. He will be missed. :frowning: :frowning:

3 Likes

my condolences to his family and friends. I was only just getting to know him thru the machine shop committee meetings and thought he was a very nice guy. DMS is lessened with his passing.

2 Likes

Rodney, @rablack97. Let me know if there is a collection. I would like to donate to his family.

5 Likes

Sad news indeed. He was a good guy.

2 Likes

I’d like to do so too. Robert guided me through making my domino. :disappointed:

3 Likes

I’ll get info as it comes in, i’m sure his widow will need some help :disappointed:

1 Like

This is really sad. We were talking about how “motorcycle blind” so many drivers in DFW are just a few days ago.

3 Likes

My dad was an avid motorcyclist. He drove them cross country even in his seventies and eighties. He went to Sturgis many times. He loved his bikes.

He was always complaining about how 'motorcycle blind" automobile drivers were.

I didn’t know Robert but I am saddened by his passing.

1 Like

I too would like to help when more info is known. I has hit on my bike some 15 years ago which completely shattered my knee. It was only thru the aid of friends and family that I got thru it.
-N

2 Likes

I always found Rob to be in good humor on the few occasions we chatted. I’m saddened to hear of his untimely end.

2 Likes

Wow,
It really hurts seeing one of our own lost this way. Prayers for the surviving family.

1 Like

I was always impressed when asking him what he was working on at DMS, he will be missed.

2 Likes

This is so sad. I worked with him on various maintenance issues with the Haas. He will be missed. My condolences go to his family and friends.

1 Like

I spoke with Rodney and I will be setting up a collection box this evening in the main room (room 1) of the space.

Rob was always helpful and was a great example of a member and will sorely be missed. His family will be in my thoughts.

Edit:
I have placed this box in the front room.

15 Likes

Great guy, creative, took initiative in doing things. An infectious laugh and sense of humor. Waaay too young. Prayers for his family and loved ones. We’ve lost a good person.

4 Likes

I only met Rob a few months ago, but we immediately became maker buds. He was super friendly, eager to share his work and knowledge, and wicked smart - a maker for the ages. The world is a little less bright now.

3 Likes

I’m terribly saddened by this news. I wish his family’s well being. The space won’t be the same without him.

3 Likes