[S/B Solved] Laser chiller beeping on Donner 2023/03/11

Laser chiller unit beeping, no clue how to audit the system or get it to turn off. Laser unit itself is not hot.

Laser unit isn’t hot? It’s enclosed in the back of the machine. There is no way to know if it’s hot without getting back there and opening it up, is there? I’d tag it inop until someone can look at it.

Donner should be working again - please let us know if there are any other issues. :slight_smile:

Donner has a different sign than before on it saying the chiller is not working. Did it go back down?

I’ve not heard anything about it since we refilled the water reservoir. I’ll be in tomorrow (was going to be today, but life happened) so I’ll give it a look while I’m there.

1 Like

I got a chance to look yesterday. The issue appears to be one of three things. Either the water line is clogged, the pump is out, or the chiller airflow is restricted enough that it can’t chill.

First step to trying to fix this would be to take the vent filters off either side of the chiller and clean them. If that doesn’t work, testing the line for a clog would be second. Alternatively we can just swap the chiller out for another. I think we have one spare in the back warehouse.

Chris