Running car in the auto bay

Hi, I am a new member. I was planning on doing a car maintenance this Thursday. It will take about 5 or 6 hours, I have done it before. I am not certified on the lifts, nor have time to do so. Trying to get this done before school starts again. I imagine it’s okay to bring my own stands and jack the car up on the ground?

My bigger question is I need to put coolant back into the car and let it run 15-20 mins to bleed, it’s a mini and will be in front end service mode so it can’t be moved. Is it okay to just open the bay doors and let the air out? It’s definitly not okay to just run the exhuast.

We have jack stands and ramps you can use. I can also give you lift training on Thursday if the timing works out, I’m normally up there around 6.

Running the car for a long period inside is a no-no for now, but you shouldn’t need to. We have a vacuum coolant refiller, that does a better job bleeding in my experience anyway.

Hi! 6AM or PM? I’m trying to get in there early. Although it should take me 5 or 6 hours, we all know how that goes lol. I will watch your video, thank you so much. It’s nice to know this has been thought of.

Oh, ha, PM. Hopefully you’ll be long gone when I get there.

What kind of Mini? I used to have an 2011 Cooper S, fun car.

Welcome to the space! I normally do lift trainings and an automotive walkthrough on Thursdays, we’ll also be fabricating/assembling an electric drift trike.

Thanks! I am actually a woodshop junkie normally. I’m just waiting for the next safety training so I can use the tools in there.

I may come for the lift training later in the day anyway. My car is a 09 Mini Cooper S. They are fun little cars but the oil leaks get old lol

I changed the turbo feed line last year and I have a suspicion its been dripping slowly. I just need to get to it and crank it down.