Router bit question

I’m just wondering, out of curiosity, if we have a router Keyhole bit. I’m just trying to find out because I’m not going to be able to get up there for a couple of days and I’m trying to find out if I need to get my hands on one for a project I’m working on.

I have attached an image for reference.

Thanks!

AC_SY450

Do not assume that we have any router bit suitable for what you need to do. Router bits are routinely destroyed and AFAIK, won’t be provided going forward. That isn’t to say we don’t have one, but I wouldn’t count on it. They are cheap at Rockler or on Amazon.

1 Like

Yeah, I know that.
I was just wondering if there were any up there.

Thanks

Finding anyone here that knows for sure is a shot in the dark at best. I haven’t seen one.

I thought it was.

Hoping against hope that some might actually look.if they were there. That’s who I included the picture of what it looks like, lol.

Lol. Nobody is going to look through that rats-nest. I think I actually own one and if I find it, will ping you. Don’t hold your breath though.

Lmao!
Fair enough!

I know when I was trying to find the perfect edge for a cedar top coffee table I was building it took me almost 30 minutes to find the right bit, so I get it.

1 Like

I’ll try to find mine (if it exists) in the morning.

I would actually greatly appreciate that!

Ping me and let me know, I’ll try to make it up there.

What I’m wanting to do won’t take but more than probably 10 minutes, I just need to make 4 hanging/mounting holes for a prototype I’m working on.

We should have a keyhole bit in so far as they’re usually included in those large router bit packs that we have at the space but I’m not seeing one personally.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for looking!!

@MadScists I do have a 3/8" keyhole bit. It’s part of a set and I don’t want to lose it. I’m happy to let you use it when I’m up there. I can generally break away from work anytime I want and can also come over in the evenings. So pretty much your call on the timing.

2 Likes

Awesome!
Thanks!

I’m going to try to make some time to get up there tomorrow or Wednesday. Usually when I get there, it’s after 2 p.m. and almost always there until well after 11pm.

I’ll let you know for sure what day I’ll be there.

Thanks again!

1 Like