Rocket cars and other stuff

We so need to do this to it:

Precursor, more boom;

1 Like

Hatcher’s might want in on that sort of action…

1 Like

That minigun could come in handy on 635 some days.

Probably need something more like the PHALANX CIWS for those bogeys…

I’m currently only making 3lbs composite solid rocket motors. I can get 6lbs tooling, but it would probably take 500 rocket motors to launch the “Space Shuttle”. Not saying I’m not up to the challenge, just a scale I haven’t worked in yet.

If just getting it to fly is success enough, we can arrange for a more vertical solution.

2 Likes

Seems there is a big vacuum tank in offsite storage that needs “Flying” or make into a smoker.

1 Like

Destruction can be fun, but man a smoker is just too cool. Build a DMS smoker on a trailer to take to events!!! Where is PR on this?

Anything worth doing is worth over-doing:

DMS Sky-lab anyone:

5 Likes

That is … so … f-ing … cool. WOOT!

I totally agree, I am really hoping the new Top Gear, read ‘The Grand Tour’, does more of this sorta thing I mean they are almost being paid by Blue Origin :).

First episode was acceptable.
Less of this type of thing than we hope to see, but we’ll see how it progresses…
“How hard can it be?”

@jast I’m sure this is going to get moved to another thread for being off topic.

The first episode concerned me a bit. It seemed like the guys might not have the rights to do the parts of their show that showed the most personality. They killed the celebrity racing part. their weren’t any good skits. The race course though challenging felt lacking. And the bit of the road trip for the super cars felt like filler rather than a full segment. It seems like they are still going to get some amazing cars, but I wonder if they can bring something new that is as good as those old bits. My fingers are crossed that they were just cutting back because of the big intro and this is just a teaser like many of their first episodes of the seasons past.

1 Like

Fair analysis.
I’m pretty OK with the parts they’ve lost. Celebrity racing? Don’t miss it. Didn’t care a flip for the celebs anyway. The BIG loss from my perspective is the Dunsfold track (designed by Lotus, donchaknow) and the STIG. We’ll see how they progress on those fronts, but for now, it looks like we’ve got a little show…
PS It’ll never be as good as the old show. This is a fact of life. Shows that were, are not ever again what they were, and their sequels are never as good (Terminator 2 being an exception). But that doesn’t’ make them not good compared to their contemporaries. [subliminalman]Saturdaynightlive[/subliminalman]

1 Like

BTW, we already have launched a couple of Mini Coopers in Flower Mound. Some DARS members Dan & Terry Stroud were on a show called “Master Blasters.” The show was shot at the airport in a hanger at I35E & 1171. Dan & Terry were always a couple of goofy guys. The gentleman that pushed the button on the first attempt is Ky Michaleson http://www.the-rocketman.com/

Wait for the second attempt!

I’m sure they would be up for another attempt with the Space Shuttle! Anyone with a few big motors? Calling Wild @Bill Gee!

3 Likes