Robot Fighting Time returning January 2022

5 Likes

I watched part of it live in Vegas while I was there. That was a fun experience. Interesting to see how much “movie magic” they pull off.

5 Likes

Let us know how the show differs from being there.

My brother and I were in town for COMDEX, I think it was in November 1999, when there were rumors of some kind of robot fighting event. We were unable to find out where it was. That may have been for the first pay-per-view event.

On a related note, Texas Robot Combat looks to resume their event schedule. Those are very good.
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/17307

1 Like

It was very reasonably priced, only $25 for a 4 hour event. Of course it’s very much for the pleasure of TV audiences, and if you didn’t act excited enough they would have you run segments and intros again.

1 Like
2 Likes

Less than a week to go.

https://battlebots.com/rules/

Looks like the scoring rules were changed to address controversial bouts from last season - points can be no higher than two is a working primary weapon is not used.

1 Like

The fight card for this week, Jan 6:

3 Likes

The fight card for this week, Jan 13:

I do not go watch the “bonus” fight on YouTube last week. I read somewhere it is not available until Sunday.

4 Likes

The fight card for this week, Jan 20:

2 Likes

The fight card card for this week, Jan 27:

2 Likes

Subzero’s first fight of this season is a youtube exclusive! (that DMS logo on the thumbnail too)

@robologan87

8 Likes

The fight card for this week, Feb 3:

3 Likes

The fight card for this week, Feb 10:

3 Likes

The fight card for this week, Feb 17:

2 Likes

Some pics from the watch party:

Watch the calendar for the next watch party!

7 Likes

What a great turnout

3 Likes

The fight card for this week, Feb 24:

Gigabyte vs Smeeeeeeeeeee may be interesting.

3 Likes

The fight card for this week, Mar 3:

1 Like

Watch party coming up:

1 Like

The fight card for this week, Mar 10:

This is the last of the qualification matches.

1 Like