Ring Commission Request

Looking for someone to partner with on a pair of rings. I have been making and selling men’s rings made on metal/wood lathes. The design they are interested in for her ring is a much more traditional silver band with sapphire gems set in it*. Which is where I don’t have a lot of experience but would love to learn.

Wondering if anyone is able to make the ring for whatever price you see fit and let me watch and learn as you do? Might be a long shot but figured I’d ask.

*This is the picture I was sent for the style they are thinking but with the stone settings going completely around the band.
Imgur

What stones and size do you have in mind? Stones going all the way around is called an eternity band, and I can’t recommend them in really ANY case because they’re impossible to size, especially if it’s going to be a surprise.

Do they want sterling silver? Or white gold?

Blue Sapphire with possibly Blue Tanzanite on Sterling Silver, about 3mm in width. I will be matching the pigments in his ring to the stones to tie them together. His ring will be meteorite shaving with a blue glow pigment on Titanium like I made below.

I did explain the sizing issue to them and they are going to get sized at a jeweler. I wondered about the abuse the stones on the inside of the hand would take too. The design is not set in stone so I can talk to them about it.

I like Hannah, would not recommend an eternity ring like this for every day wear, especially made with silver or Tanzanite. If this is going to be a wedding ring that is worn every day for the next 30 years, you will want to consider using sapphires 75% around in gold leaving a shank, or make it with platinum.

If you need help getting this project done PM me your contact information and I can give you a call.

3 Likes