[Resolved] Octoprint down - no printer addresses responding 2022/09/07

@Team_3D_Fab - No printer control pages are up at the moment - is it possible for someone to start the octoprint service remotely?

Octoprint runs on the raspberry Pi’s on each printer.

There is no service to remotely start.

Network switch may have an issue. Or whatever machine you’re tying to get to octoprint from may have networking problems.

My understanding is that there used to be an individual raspberry pi per printer but they were getting more difficult to replace as they failed. There is now a 1u rackmount server connected to all the printers via usb hubs. You still get to an octoprint via the address labeled on each machine.
The server address is pingable from the workstations but the hosted addresses for the printers are not.

Guess my info is out of date. I haven’t seen the server yet.

That is strange… I took a look earlier and things seemed to be working but I’ll connect in again in a few and double check.

We have been having issues recently with people going and turning them off/unplugging the USB in the back which has been causing all kinda of problems.

And yes - we switched over to a server because the RPis had been having a whole sleep of other issues.

3 Likes

As an update (I forgot to post earlier) this doesn’t seem to be a server or printer issue - but a networking issue to the server - either the cables got unplugged or rearranged, or a network config elsewhere changed - I’ve asked for someone to look in person in the AM.

As of 09/07 12:26 PM, none of the OctoPrinters are accessible.

I don’t know if anybody’s gotten a chance to check the networking for it yet. I am currently out of town on a very last minute business trip so cannot do so myself. There are multiple people at the space who can take a look at this but I haven’t heard from any of them yet.

I’m headed to the space shortly to check the cabling. Will update shortly

The printers are still down. They were like this yesterday, Tuesday morning. They had the same problem last Thursday, but I think someone ( not Jason) accessed the server remotely and fixed it.

The cabling to the switch appears intact, with some lights lit.

1 Like

Negative. In that four port area, labeled GB-1 through 4, there should be Ethernet cables plugged in and lit in port 1 and 2…

Specifically port two is what all the octoprint IPs are bound to and accessable over, so the fact it’s missing is an…issue

2 Likes

All
Printers are back up and running. Had to pull new cable and plug it in. I will
Be looking to see who unplugged it

3 Likes

I was with Medatrium yesterday when he posted the update and there was the one in port 4 like the picture posted by dallasmagna. We tested to try and see if it was a cable but put everything back exactly as it was before. It was modified before 10 am 8/7. Just sharing a timeline.

Awesome thank you for that ….