[Resolved] Big Thunder laser won't move 2022 Oct

Hi! We’re at the laser trying to get the laser to work but, while we’re able to move the Z axis to focus, the x and y axes won’t move manually. We sent the file from the computer to the printer successfully but neither FRAME nor START actually cause the laser to move.

Please advise, thank you!

@Team_Moderators – can we just move this thread to Laser?

Done, but is this just the rotary switch being on (asks the guy who never used it)?

Where is the rotary switch located?

This is old info, so I don’t know if this is the right machine. I am not a lawyer, etc.

2 Likes

Literally none of the computers are connecting to any of the lasers. :frowning:

Have you actually used the lasers before? You can’t move x/y when you’re on the z mode selection.

In addition, every use needs to set up their connection. Manuals are around to do that

2 Likes

Someone had flipped the switch for the rotary function, which locks out the y axis

4 Likes

We tried the manuals, didn’t work.

I’ve used the laser many times with no issues. When not in Z mode, the xy didn’t move.

Can you please elaborate on where the “switch” for the rotary is and why anyone would flip it off?

It looks like jast’s answer tells you where the switch is. I think skyspook actually went back there to see what the issue was. He probably switched the rotary function off, which should have fixed your issue.

As I see it, the issue was that the last user had left the rotary function switch on, which locked out the y axis.

Can someone please CONFIRM that it is in fact working properly? It’s a long drive for me so I just want to make sure it’s working before making the trek, I appreciate it!

You could try looking at the cameras page during peak evening hours to see if people are using it.

1 Like

Awesome thx for the suggestion!

1 Like

This was resolved by @cvrana. The rotary attachment switch was flipped on.

I wasn’t the one who figured it out. THat was Skyspook. :wink: I was just explaining what had happened.

1 Like

Sorry… @skyspook. This wasn’t marked as solved in the title and I am a LASER dummy and watch Chris make it cut things.